Let's see your new gun!

Speaking of hot, I had an opportunity on a CZ 52 7.62x25.
I decided against it.

1 Like

Nice @Txrider75 I don’t have a 10mm yet. Single stack?
Looks like it has a nice mag well.

1 Like

@Orpackrat tell us about this long arm. I believe I recognize it, but introduce us.

1 Like

@momo I like my CZ75. A lot. I have a Tanfoglio clone I’ve mentioned before that matches my 1969 Colt GC NM for most accurate I have.

2 Likes

I love my CZ75 as well. !!! Best hammer pistol made behind Iron Curtain :+1:

1 Like

@45IPAC Did not know about that it’s manufactured in IL, I will look for it now Chet I like supporting local business.

1 Like

@Bugleboy

The Shotgun?

The TriStar Cobra 2 pistol grip shotgun 5+1 using Beretta Chokes and a spring assist pump where I removed the spring so the action can be locked open for range shooting and it gives the shotgun a cleaner action.

Got it for a simple $250. Dealer bought it for $225.

My 00-Buck shells are a bit longer so I have it loaded up 4+1

1 Like

Yessir! Just outside of Sparta Illinois.

2 Likes

Not an actual picture of mine, but I just got this. Ruger AR556

4 Likes

The AR556 look a lot different that the one I got when they first came out.

1 Like

Picked up a new one today…

3 Likes

Yes, am always on the lookout for any new ammo to see how my gun likes it.

2 Likes

My new 5.56. It is serialized as an LST… Number 0003 of 9999.

5 Likes

I really didn’t know this was marked on it until I decided I liked the rifle for all the right reasons. Yours truly, the preacher man, still thinks it’s funny. Don’t worry, it’s a perfectly legal semi auto.
Check the selector.
Not really new either. I’ve had it a while.

2 Likes

There’s my Glock 22 gen 4 357 Sig.
The little three inch targets on the corners are the ones I like. It gives me something to focus in on.

18 shots

3 Likes

That’s a storm lake barrel? How do you like it? Accuracy good and what not? I’m all over the place with mine. I can only blame myself for so long,… u know?

2 Likes

@Brian1 It is. It’s pretty accurate and reliable. You might try a different ammo. Different loads and brands sometime can have an impact on accuracy…and reliability.
Here’s a test for you. Get someone to load a few magazines for you without your seeing the loading.
If necessary, you can do it yourself without looking.
The idea is to have a couple or more dummy loads mixed in the stack so that you don’t know when they may cycle in. It’s good to have an experienced observer.
The 357 Sig has a lot of flash and a little more flip than the .40 S&W. Most of the time this causes anticipation which puts your shots off of your normal grouping. We all do it. Years back, I was trying to convince my son he was flinching with a revolver. He couldn’t tell it himself.
When I loaded for him and substituted a spent round, he got pretty amused at how much he was pulling and flinching.
Pay close attention to the position of your finger on the trigger.
Oh yeah…relax when you come into position and fire.
An iron grip is bad. I know what a lot of people teach.
But in fighting, the successful learn that to use more muscles than it actually takes to do a task, takes away from the effectiveness of the ones needed. I could explain way too long on this. Once you have provided a good solid and firm platform for the weapon, too much strain works against you. With a good weapon I shoot acceptable groups at all ranges, but with a weapon I haven’t proven, I’m sometimes embarrassing myself.
It’s a new recipe. As long as nothing is wrong with the weapon, it just takes a little special time to get to know each other. You don’t tell a girl you’re going to marry her the second day after you’ve first seen her…okay okay, yeah I really did that, but we still had to have lots of time to really get to know each other. And sometimes we were surprised at what we found; nothing bad, but not necessarily what we had first expected. New revelation can be wonderful. I’m talking about the gun here too of course. Sometimes having a little something get in the way you didn’t expect can open a whole new enjoyment if you use it as a learning experience…and yeah I’m talking about relationships too.
One last thing. If you have adjustable sights, and you’re all sighted in and warm and cozy, your new barrel may be heading in a very different direction. It won’t work well with your trying to force it to go where it doesn’t expect to go. It takes a little adjusting on both your parts. Okay, sorry…another life lesson in a gun.
Guns are a lot like relationships. They can be great entertainment, they can save your life, or they can really mess you up.

2 Likes

BTW Brian, that target wasn’t with the Glock, but a cheap used weapon. I just hang on to that pic to show people they don’t have to break the bank to get acceptable accuracy and dependability.
I’ll try to get time to get my ears on and hit some targets at my range with the FrankenGlock.
I didn’t want to mislead.

1 Like

I like where you’re going with all of that. Thank you for the time, all good stuff. I am usually consistent in shooting. A lot of times, I’m doing something wrong. Either way, Its consistent. In my head, I’ve shot hot loads out of my G29 10mm. The .357 sig is probably louder than the 10mm, but recoil isn’t terrible. Either way, as long as I haven’t been porch pirated, I have 33 pounds of ammo waiting for me. I’m worried that I’m going to slowly blame the barrel if I dont improve with practice. I’m going to print out your post and hit the range this weekend.

1 Like

Well…
I just put a bid on an STI Edge .40 S&W custom race gun.
I do like a 2011.
We’ll see.
There’s also a 1942 Colt Commanding Generals issue with documentation.

3 Likes