Let's see your new gun!

Please don’t mess with me… :joy:

Is this about RIA being so bulky?

5 Likes

My father-in-law gave me a war relic his grandfather brought back from WWII. He was an MP and somehow “acquired” this FN P35 (Hi-Power). These were made at the FN factory in Belgium while it was under Nazi control and were issued to SS soldiers.
I sent it to a local gunsmith that gave it a good cleaning to remove some mistreatment it received. Can’t wait to go shoot it myself…

13 Likes

I also picked up the new Glock 47 last night from my LGS. I already have a Gen 5 19 & 17 but the idea of being able to take this new 47 and, using the slide from my 19, make a long slide G19 or a G45 (using the 19 slide on the 47 frame) sounded like it could come in handy. I put the longer slide on my 19 frame last night to see what that would look like and I may be making that my carry setup before long.

10 Likes

:+1:

but…

Looks like The PhD in Mathematics is needed to figure out what does this :point_up: mean… :grinning: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

That is a nice looking piece of hardware @Garand4Life. I would not even shoot that thing. Put it into a display case.

7 Likes

I was about to say the same thing.

5 Likes

That looks like a NAZI emblem on the second pic below the word “GUERRE”.

4 Likes

It is.

5 Likes

+1 on the display case…

7 Likes

So… Actually, it is a Pistole 640(b) model WaA140.

If I’m correct and the symbol after SN is letter b - that will be indicator of 1944 as an year of production.

A 2023-01-08 17-05-45

Great gift ! :ok_hand:

7 Likes

Not so much a new gun but a new accessory that costs more than most things ive put it on. Picked it up today, after being in Jail for 10 months.

its not the Mark 4

7 Likes

10 months is a long time to wait for grips😁

6 Likes

@Virgil_H, the one thing I like about USCCA is their approach to training. They support a discussion type platform and methodology that caters to different learning styles, and which also lends deference to the many skills or backgrounds and/or other training regimens, or no skills or background with firearms, as they present for your consideration and understanding their said attitude and methodology towards firearms training.

So, as gun owners and concealed carriers we want to regard and exercise a high degree of skill and competence as it relates to the guns we keep, bear, and carry. We always, always, always want to be as safe “as possible.”

With that in mind, keeping the forefinger, index finger, trigger finger or booger bore (whichever you prefer) as far away from the bang button as possible until you are on target and have “made the decision” to shoot, being the point.

If you would, right now, grab a hold of one of your training pistols (either your SIRT, or other semi-automatic inert training pistol), establish a good grip high up on the backstrap or the tang as possible, you come to realize that it is more natural for the trigger finger to rest alongside the frame, and more unnatural for the trigger finger to rest on the trigger guard.

Again, we want to emphasize being as safe “as possible.” When the finger rests along the outside of or along the trigger guard, it is easier for unintended actions to occur. The trigger finger could, more easily, slip into the trigger guard, setting up the potential for a negligent discharge. You’ve heard this before, I’m sure. If not, well, we’ve helped each other. Hand sizes and finger lengths vary which makes placing the trigger finger along the frame the more natural and safest resting position. This is what I heard Jerzy saying, I don’t think he is being ill-intentioned or trying to offer a new or strange training philosophy.

5 Likes

And grip the pistol like the creepy uncle shaking your hand😁

4 Likes

Nice looking piece of hardware brother @Orpackrat . :+1::+1:

4 Likes

Good morning. Yes indeed. I appreciate the feedback from you and earlier from @Jerzees. I am a convert at this point. It was new information for me. Thank you guys for making me safer and explaining it so well.

4 Likes

The S&W 500 on the upper right!!

12 Likes

:sunglasses:
I’m surprised that shelf hasn’t collapsed :grin:

9 Likes

I had this a while. Never shot yet. I bought it to use in a feral hog hunt and then back trouble put that on hold. It is a cmmg mk47 mutant. 762-39. While I’m not really a long gun guy I have several. For those that don’t know amk 47 is built around a modified AR-10 bolt carrier group to compensate for the 30 caliber cartridges. Yeah Brothers I know I need to get this out and zero the acss reticle scope I put on it.

15 Likes

Nice piece of hardware brother @ShooterRick. For not being a longarm guy you sure know how to pick them.

7 Likes