Let's see your new gun!

Yeah, ive only seen 20 round mags for it.

This is the particular model I was thinking of purchasing.

I like the Kel-tek Sub 2000 but also not to sure on that one. Palmetto has one as well im gearing towards. Any suggestions anyone with a price tag around or under $550.00?

3 Likes

I would recommend Kel-Tec or Palmetto State Armory any day and twice on Wednesday over Hi-Point. They are inexpensive, but not cheap. Hi-Point is cheap, many times unreliable. If you want it as a novelty then still go for the others.

4 Likes

You will probably want to upgrade soon after purchasing one.
Kel-tec are keepers.

4 Likes

I highly recommend the Sub2K. It is my favorite carbine. Look at all the available upgrades (especially the fire control group set, the SSTL feed ramp replacement, and the aluminum takedown lever) and have Kel-Tec install everything for you. The hinged optic mount does everything they say it does, so if you are going that route you will want to get the mount. The oversized bolt handle adds weight (to reduce recoil - although there isn’t very much anyway) and lets you get a better grip. Come to think of it…just get all the upgrades. You won’t be sorry.

12 Likes

Do you carry that AIWB or at 3,4 and 5?

LOL

JK. Looks great.

3 Likes

Yes, this is one of the big issues with buying inexpensive firearms. You usually end up spending as much, or more, than a higher end firearm - when you decide to upgrade them to the one you really wanted.

I sometimes balk at the price I see, but when I start adding up the features included I have to really reconsider. For example, I might complain at the price of a pistol with an included red dot. But when you start looking at milling a slide, or getting a particular optics plate, and the price of the red dot itself, you were usually better off getting the pistol with the dot included. It is usually less expensive than updating later.

However, I do find that a lot of accessories for firearms seem to be ridiculously overpriced. AR Slings?

4 Likes

Just like buying a mid-priced car and adding the things it doesn’t have. One of the things working against us is that they are creating a “need to have” that may not be valid. If you have an AR for home defense, why do you need a sling? Best case is that it is totally unnecessary. Worst case is that in the heat of the moment you get tangled in it and it affects your ability to defend. The problem with the “package” parts is that they are often not the high end product you would probably be better off with. Nowhere is this more true than with the “package” optics (for the most part - there are some exceptions). Sometimes you just have to bit the bullet (no pun intended) and reach a little deeper into your pocket.

4 Likes

Get what you can afford. If you can only afford a hi-point, do that…you may like it, or you may be ok with it until you can upgrade. I’d rather have a hi-point over a stick, however, I agree with others on hi-point. If your budget allows for more than a hi-point, Imo I would rather spend a little more to be confident in the quality and reliability of a firearm. I personally haven’t heard anything bad about Kel-tek, whereas I have heard a good bit of not-so-highpoints on hi-points. Just my .02.

4 Likes

High points are better then nothing but you may be able to use that same money for something similar but more reliable like a sword or air gun

2 Likes

I cannot see a reason why not to have one. That would be like saying, “why do you need a holster for your pistol if you are using it for home defense?” A rifle without a sling is an open invitation to be snatched, and you can never guarantee that you will not have a situation where you have to go “hands-on” while defending your home.

IMO, of course.

4 Likes

My comment was addressing the high cost of tactical AR accessories. If a sling is desired on a home defense weapon I would wager that you could spend less than a tenner and get everything you need.

3 Likes

Ah, understood.

But would you trust a cheap aftermarket magazine on your home defense firearm? I do use them for range target practice, but not for home defense. They do tend to fail more often and catastrophically than OEM magazines.

In the same way, I don’t necessarily trust a cheap sling to do it’s job to keep the AR on me when it’s absolutely necessary. I’ve seen the plastic parts on cheap ones snap easily under almost any pressure. So yeah, I think a lot of AR slings are greatly overpriced, but the alternative is not a very attractive option.

1 Like

I don’t skimp on guns, magazines, optics, batteries, or ammo. But for around $6 I can get a fully serviceable sling (no plastic parts!) for my AR that will do everything I need it to.

2 Likes

Last weekend I was in a gun store and saw a shotgun for sale with an attached bayonet. I had not thought of that before, but could be handy in a “hands on” situation…

4 Likes

I’m playing around with getting one of these or a blue gun.

4 Likes

Get the BB gun, you can set up a back stop and target in your basement or garage and shoot anytime and the BBs are reusable. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

My brother got a hi-point, heavy bugger, bulky, single stack mags, extended mags unreliable and big.

My first was a Kel-Tec Sub-2000 Gen2, like it a lot, glock mags, loaded it up with 33rd mags…

Traded it in and got the Ruger PC Carbine, a far heavier and more solid setup but not like a clunky Hi-point. I have since gotten a PSA 9mm carbine and its nice, familiar AR controls but i still enjoy the Ruger…

5 Likes

Added an O-light 800 to my Beretta Px4 Storm Compact Carry. Also bought a Taurus G3XL as my backup EDC.

17 Likes

Those are some nice pieces of hardware brother @Tree-of-Liberty :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

I welcomed a staccato c to my family it’s not fake the serial number is on the side with the flag so I inverted the image

15 Likes