Let's see your new gun!

I can no longer be allowed inside Scheels unsupervised.

12 Likes

Nice piece of hardware @Karacal :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Sweet piece @Karacal

3 Likes

You just can’t go wrong with a Smith.

2 Likes

Went to the range yesterday & shot my new Ruger Wrangler 22. It was extremely accurate. I like the 4" barrel. Gonna put a dab of white auto paint along the inside of the front sight. Tons off fun one hammer pull at a time. lol

4 Likes

My new Ruger 10/22. The more I shot, and at longer ranges, the better I got. Go figure. Sweet gun with the only drawback is reloading the 25 round magazine.
Ruger 1022
Ruger 1022 Target

11 Likes

Get the Maglula loader/unloader. You’ll never look back.

3 Likes

10/22’s are sweet little guns. It’s what I recommend to all my 4H kids for the CMP Rimfire Sporter shooting we do.

2 Likes

@Fred30 Nice looking piece. Funny how that practice works!

3 Likes

@Fred30,
Nice shooting and nice piece of hardware brother. :+1::+1:

1 Like

I thought Lt Aldo Raine said that. :thinking:

3 Likes

Today, the joke doesn’t even need the framing device. Most just ask “How do you get to Carnegie Hall?” and sit back waiting for the inevitable response to come.

For such a famous joke, its origins remain a mystery. Some have hypothesized that it came from vaudeville, but the earliest known written accounts are from the mid-1950s, which might suggest Borscht Belt humor from the Catskills resorts popular at the time. One of the early published versions, though not the first, came in a 1955 collection of jokes by Random House founder Bennett Cerf.

Carnegie Hall archivist Gino Francesconi says that the best version he’s heard involved violinist Mischa Elman. As the story goes, Elman was walking from Carnegie Hall toward his hotel following a rehearsal. He wasn’t happy with his playing and had his head down. Two tourists who saw his violin case asked him the question. Without looking up, he replied, “Practice.”

1 Like

My statement was from Inglorious Basterds using it when Aldo “The Apache” carved swastikas into the Germans foreheads.

3 Likes

So cool, I saw one of these a couple years ago at my local range for sale, and waited to long to go pick it up.

2 Likes

The SAS I posted over a year and a half ago was a great gun. Shot well. Carried well. And despite the prevailing opinions of that goofy FT bullseye sight, I was able to train up, to a certain extent. That extent was my worsening vision.

Yes, the sight picture needs acclimation. Yes, the fiber optic portion really fades in low/no light. But I’m not blaming that sight system for the reason I rolled that gun over to the X with a red dot. My own un-assisted nearfield vision was not able to differentiate between the dot and circle. Especially in no/low light. Great platform. Cool sight for someone with good vision and the patience to train into it.

Despite the great reviews of the XL, and my largish hands, I didn’t need, or want, the longer barrel as this is my summer carry, but liked the 12 round grip length. I like it even more without the wiggle of the plate extension the SAS needed. The X is the perfect combination for me. Will need to train up on the red dot, and I know the Romeo 0 isn’t the greatest, but it can be swapped out if it breaks or underperforms.

10 Likes

This is my newest that I purchased from Academy for $200.00. I add the Gunskins to it for a little representation of our great country! I also have a Ruger 10/22 on a WWII Paratroopers folding stock as well but I put the factory stock back on so the Mrs can try it out.

6 Likes

Nice piece of hardware brother @Jeffery43 :+1::+1:

1 Like

Thank you,
For a 12 gauge it recoils like a 20. It’s my first shotgun with a break. I was totally shocked at the little recoil. I think my wife is claiming so I may need to get another one! I have only owned bird guns up tell this one. I believe it’s a clone of a Remington. Turkey calls this a tactical/hunting shotgun. With the choke options I may just have to take it dove hunting this coming season.
I have to admit that Turkey did a good job producing it and the for the price point it’s a no brainer.
Thank again :anchor:

2 Likes

Hope to post a new one come next week, this is the photo from the gun store

Hope I get cleared for the .22 supressor by this summer…which is the reason I wanted a nice .22lr pistol an since the can is rated up to 5.7x28, hope to post up in a month or so, a banshee 5.7x28 AR pistol

7 Likes

SAR CM9. It’s a CZ clone, so it is comfortable for me. It took a bit of fiddling with the adjustable sights. Research shows it is a common issue with rhis particular model.

6 Likes