Let's see your new gun!

Nice piece of hardware brother @RUGER9 :+1::+1:

4 Likes

I’ve always heard Caniks have really nice triggers. Is that the model where the firing pin pokes out the back while you are squeezing the trigger?

3 Likes

Looks like a sweet piece!

Acid test is on the range!!! Glad to hear you lik it!

5 Likes

I had an opportunity to handle a Canick during a recent Instructor Certification Training session. I was very impressed with the trigger, especially the reset point. For me personally in Florida it was a bit too large for me to carry. It would be a fantastic OWB range gun or home gun for me.

Maybe I can take a peek at the budget down the road.

Stay safe out there.

7 Likes

They are the Turkish walther p99 with a not as good trigger but the trigger ain’t bad at all

5 Likes

Put a few hundred rounds through the Canik TP9sf without a failure. Easy to breakdown. Just like a Glock. Cleaned it well & it’s ready to rock at the range next week. Had tritium put on & it’s an accurate shooter. So it’s nice and shiny again :sparkler:

10 Likes

Very nice.

5 Likes

Nice cleaning job and it looks brand new again. Nice piece of hardware brother. :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

I hate cleaning guns but I do it every time after I shoot. I take my time & do it right but it’s a chore. BTW, Thanks

4 Likes

That Canik looks nice. It would be hard for them to have made a more useless website. Can someone decode their model naming scheme?

5 Likes

I haven’t been to their website, I suppose you need a native Turk to tell you how to navigate

4 Likes

My dad bought me that exact same Remington for Christmas when I was 13 years old. It said the it had a nylon stock guaranteed not to chip, crack or warp for life. I must have put 5000 rounds through it & I don’t believe I ever cleaned it. I joined the Navy out of highschool & damned if I know what ever happened to it. You would load it through the tube & if I remember correctly, it held 13 rounds

4 Likes

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET pistol!!!

4 Likes

Holds 14 rounds, which is more then 10, therefore it is a “assault rife”.

4 Likes

Little something I had put together with some spare parts. I wish I had the ‘smith skills to fit it together myself but I figure it’s more important for it to work correctly and safely than for me to assemble it. The Parkerized finish is new to me but I’m diggin’ it so far. Old school cool…like me. :sunglasses:

12 Likes

Nice piece of hardware brother @Wood :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Very nice tool @Wood , you going to make me want/go get me an 1911 style pistol. :joy:

3 Likes

@Johnnyq60
@Lu-Can
Thank you both for the kind words and thank you all for the thumbs up. I carried another 1911 for years and could not have been happier. I haven’t shot this one much but it seems to run just fine. The double-stack configuration will take some getting used to. 14+1, 230 grain, Hydra-Shok, .45s do add some weight. A shoulder holster may be in order for this one however I doubt I will carry it much. My wife (all 5 feet of her sweet little self) says she likes this one and wants it…because it sparkles. :roll_eyes: LOL!

5 Likes

Reminds me of my Rock Island 45 cal gun that I have, it is an awesome gun! I am waiting for my home to be done building around Nov 22 so I can have normalcy to get back into shooting and reloading rifle and handgun calibers that I love to do!

5 Likes

The IWI Masada has the trigger and price of a Canik and the weight of a Glock! My first impressions are great! Can’t get it to the range fast enough. See how it runs!!

6 Likes