Let’s talk 1911s, whatcha got, whatcha want?

Wow I’ve seen some great eye candy on here. You guys make me drool…oh wait, I do that all the time.

2 Likes

If I get time I’ll make a funny/cool 1911 picture. I’ll have to dig them out.

1 Like

@Bugleboy Yes, please post your pics (again), I looked for your previous posts of the pics and couldn’t find it/them. I don’t think anyone was aggravated that you were on a spending spree for firearms. Maybe a little envious, but nothing serious. I shall speak for myself when I say I enjoy your posts and I’m glad you’re sharing with us, but I think I speak for the others as well.

@Brian_J those are awesome RIAs! I love Rock Island almost as much as Wilson Combat, and that’s saying a lot. I have one Rock Island and it’s my faithful companion. I was even able to take it apart and clean it and put it back together all by myself (quite a feat for me!), so it’s right up there with my favorites now!

I’m going to the range tomorrow with a friend, so I’ll definitely have more disassembling, cleaning, and reassembling to do. I’ll let y’all know how it works out.

3 Likes

Your best bet got totally disassembling a 1911 for the first time id YouTube. There are plenty of how to videos on the.

1 Like

I don’t own a 1911 yet but there is one I’d really like to add to my collection… The Wilson Combat EDC X9.

2 Likes

Republic Forge is the 1911 manufacturer that made the move from perrytown ,Texas to Albuquerque ,N.M. they have some very nice custom offerings. I am still trying to find out more about them. and you can drool over them on their website.

1 Like

They have really nice pistols. But their price range turned me back to Wilson Combat.

1 Like

Just picked up this Iver Johnson ported 1911. Smooth trigger and good looks.

1 Like

Did @Nancy ever manage to take down her 1911? :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Not going to be with me much longer, I liked it but I rarely carry it… shoots good but I’d like to keep most my pistols (besides the .22lr/.22wmr) 9mm (have 2 revolvers in .38spl but those are inherited family pistols).

So I’ll be trading it in on a new pistol. 9mm.

Any idea on what new pistol you’d like to acquire?

A G34 for the sole reason of having interchangeable mags with my Kel-Tec Sub 2000.

Getting the G34 about $20 less than typical dealer cost, about $532. NIB.

G34. that’s a big gun. I mean the barrel is long, isn’t it?

5.31"

Should pair just fine with this:

20191003_172254

It comes with three 17rd mags. Will see if I can conceal a couple 33rd mags, lol.

Easy to conceal. :joy:

1 Like

I took a small trip to visit a friend and carried concealed 2 revolvers, an NAA mini revolver in .22wmr, a Taurus Ultralite in .38spl, my Taurus G2C with 2 spare 12rd mags, my Ruger P95pr with a spare 15/10rd mag, and a hard armor class 3 plate carrier, all concealed and me being almost 6’4" drove my 2dr Geo Metro down to visit my friend…

I got space to hide things…

Wait. Geo Metro? I haven’t driven one since my days in college. Oh, memories.

This isnt your standard Geo, always working on it, currently equipped with Fog light bar barely seen under license plate, hood light bar, 3 light bars on roof rack, roof rack, 100w solar panel on roof, 6ga cable from battery positive to rear battery bank (smart isolator switch being installed soon), 4 lipo motorcycle batteries in the back, step of voltage regulator for charging solar generator with pure sine wave inverters. 750w modified singe wave inverter, LED tail lights and turn signals, LED bar backup lights, Power port outside, watt meters, wifi hotspotting, 32" flip down smart TV, etc, etc…

So for anyone that was interested here is the link for the topic I started on re-building my RIA.

I’m at the point now where I need to consider getting it coated. I was going to do and under the trigger guard cut but the gun sits so low in my hand now I barley even notice it so I think I’ll leave it be. I’m thinking about doing the two tone thing with a grey or “silver-ish” lower, blue slide and blue parts. What say y’all?

Cheers,

Craig6

I have a Caspian slide, thinking about buying an inexpensive G.I. 1911 just for the lower receiver and send them to a gun smith so he can customize it. Another 1911 is a Kimber in 10mm, but I am hesitant because I have been hearing bad things about Kimber regarding their customer service and quality control.