Let’s talk 1911s, whatcha got, whatcha want?

@Bugleboy… Niiice! We need pictures!

It will be a few days before they’re in hand. Auction’s timing here. I wasn’t able to stay for the live bidding, and my online bids weren’t getting made at first. I got really anxious until I got it fixed. Only missed little stuff.
Got a M-14!

1 Like

Pics are from the auction site. I want them home! New toys!
I’m about finished collecting now. Saving time now not spending lol.

4 Likes

You are having WAY too much fun :smiley:
nice collection! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Again, SHOWOFF!

1 Like

I’m building an investment for my children and grands.
And fun for me in the process.

2 Likes

Yea, yea, yea! Save it for someone who can afford to keep up. LOL

1 Like

I didn’t intend to bid on as much as I did. I actually got more. I can’t help it if people don’t know a bargain and won’t bid up on it. They went for half the retail value.
I saw a great investment and went for it.

1 Like

Good eye. Great wins.

1 Like

Thank you. I think my buying is over. I have the ones I’ve wanted and some for the family when I’m gone. The guns and guitars and other things can just quietly slip out of the house without probate. They’ll have a nice collection.

3 Likes

Only problem with that is it needs a different holster. That’s the only reason I have not gone that route.

1 Like

Ooooooo, I’m telllinn’.

1 Like

Absolutely. Just wanted to share its available!

1 Like

I purchased a 1911 Springfield Trp operator in 10mm
For a nice hog hunter and sidearm for my farm.
It is a beautiful pistol and shoots and feels great. I previously used a Ruger .480 revolver for a hog / big game gun, but after a day of shooting that one you are punished. I can shoot the Springfield all day, its very accurate and the recoil is no problem.

3 Likes

Nice firearm.

1 Like

Would love to find one lefty friendly.

1 Like

“Lefty friendly”… but not “wallet friendly” :pleading_face:

2 Likes

MAKE one. Ambi safeties are easy as are ambi slide releases, mag releases are a bit more problematic but an oversize button is a fair fix if you can train to it.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

TG I don’t need to make or buy lefty versions. :+1:
Standard 1911 setup works perfectly for lefties. Only ambi thumb safety is “a must” .
I found it very easy to operate with index finger (slide release) and middle finger (magazine release) of shooting hand. :muscle:
For smaller hands it’s even easier using left, because you don’t need extended slide release…

1 Like

Pictures tomorrow night if I have time.

2 Likes