LEOSA Qualification

I bet even though you are authorized in my old place of birth some places will balk. Thank you for your service to your community! You have earned this right sir. Congratulations on passing the course!!

5 Likes

Congratulations, @Johnnyq60!! Stay safe out there!

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Kurt49

4 Likes

Yes, you are wrong. As Johnny states, under LEOSA, one is required to qualify once per year. Unlike the rest of the civilians, you are given special rights under LEOSA.

3 Likes

I am a POST certified LEOSA instructor in Tennessee. Unfortunately our POST commission mandates a 8 hour course to get your LEOSA card as a retired officer. This is not what the original federal law intended but comes from the ignorance and over thinking of the issue within our POST commission.

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @Edwin27

3 Likes

welcome to the family @Edwin27 and you are in the right place at the right time.

3 Likes

i carry those. same bullet style i think they are a different brand.i havent shot them in my firearm yet. they were a pretty penny. for 20 rds boxes.

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t sound wise to me. I would want to be sure that the point of impact is close to the point of aim, and make sure they cycle my firearm before depending on them.

4 Likes

well 'i just got them ive had alot of different kinds, every time i get some, i dont just run to the range that day. so i did try them and they shot awesome, just like EVERYTHING i put into my 2 Springfield XDā€™sā€¦ ive shot shitty ammo and the best, they all cycle and fireā€¦ im not to worried about thatā€¦steel, brass, aluminiun all good. plus i keep my firearm clean and ready. train every day, and go to the range twice a month, with finances right now.it was once a week.getting ready to do some senerio training, soon here. one thing i havent done with a trainerā€¦Carry Be Safe God Blessā€¦

5 Likes

Thank you for this info. I will be looking for a class tomorrow. Stay Safe out there.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Ravon1430

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Ravon1430 and BTW I am a diehard Pittsburg Steelers fan. God bless you brother.

3 Likes

Hello, and Thank You

2 Likes

Thank You Brother. Iā€™m from VA or NY? Iā€™m from VA and Iā€™m a retired DC Police. Yesirrrrrr! Been a Steelers fan since the beginning of the 70ā€™s

4 Likes

I am from VA, Hampton Roads and I have been a Steelers fan since the 70ā€™s also.

4 Likes

I just watched this video and found it informative.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve qualified several former LEOs over the years. A retired US Marshall friend suggested I add LE RV camping to my outdoor range as an option. Weā€™re in Ca. Just outside Kings Canyon NP. Would this be of interest to any traveling Campers? www.foothilltraining.com

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Steven443 and God bless you.

5 Likes

Thanks Johnny

3 Likes