Legal Retainer

I live in Maryland with new laws coming from Maryland General Assembly. Law from SB387 & HB427 was enacted into law. Makes possession of All PMF illegal and everyone a felon if those arms are not serialized.
By March 1st 2023. Also Montgomery County enacted Bill 22-21E that is effective now that makes about anywhere you would carry a firearm illegal. May soon come to STATE law.

When is a good time to get a competent attorney and pay retainer fee? Yes, before you get caught!! I don’t intend for that to happen. Concerning is State of Federal enforcement ATF etc

4 Likes

Glad I am in Texas!

5 Likes

Yep, Great State of Texas. Just defend the boarder please. I live in Maryland by choice.
At 75 with kids and grandkids–soon Great Grandkids live hear- My personal belief to defend
my and their freedom.

4 Likes

Texas rocks!

1 Like

The Feds are doing nothing at the border,but the Governor has the TNG on the border,don’t really know what is their orders are herd they were taking the illegals to the Border Patrol and the Border Patrol were releasing them to go where they want

2 Likes

It seems this is legal advice and I would caution against taking legal advice of any type from random strangers on the web (or elsewhere).

PMF? I think given context I get it but FYI that’s not a commonly known acronym yet [privately manufactured firearm]

I recommend not carrying where illegal and following all laws regarding PMF’s vs paying an attorney for when you break the law. Like, instead of thinking about when you will ‘get caught’, just don’t do it

1 Like

VanDerStok v. Garland - FPC Lawsuit Challenging the ATF’s “Frame or Receiver” Rule (firearmspolicy.org)

Just sayin’. Everyone must be familiar with the LAW. Current administration both ATF, Feds & State unjust and unconstitutional on their face.
I don’t carry a PMF.

At this date VanderStok v Garland is most likely controlling. Basically Judge stated PMF serialized in not constitutional and in view of Bruen.

1 Like

Hi. Thanks for the info, I appreciate the heads up, so to be aware of possible future proposals.

Are you saying Privately Made Firearm (PMF’s) which do not have serial numbers are illegal in Montgomery County, Maryland?

I do not have a PMF.

However, I had heard some authorities offer to “buy” guns, no questions asked. Just in case you need a safe and legal way out, not to poke fun, but with Christmas gift giving and inflation, I look out to sell hard to sell ammo when the police grace us with such programs.

Once I did not need certain ammo, and twas a hassle trying to sell online, got lucky when local police bought it from me, through a gun and ammo buy back program. Pretty cool.

It’s never too late change countries, I hear Florida and Texas are great countries!

3 Likes

You did not read this.
I live in Maryland by choice.
At 75 with kids and grandkids–soon Great Grandkids live hear- My personal belief to defend
my and their freedom.

Maryland Constitution Declaration of Rights.
Art. 24. That no man ought to be taken or imprisoned or disseized of his freehold, liberties or privileges, or outlawed, or exiled, or, in any manner, destroyed, or deprived of his life, liberty or property, but by the judgment of his peers, or by the Law of the land (amended by Chapter 681, Acts of 1977, ratified Nov. 7, 1978).

Any so called laws are on their face a violation of US Constitution and Maryland Declaration of Rights.

WVA U.S. District Judge Joseph Goodwin in Charleston on Wednesday found that the law was not consistent with the United States’ “historical tradition of firearm regulation,” the new standard laid out by the Supreme Court in its landmark ruling.
Ban on guns with serial numbers removed is unconstitutional -U.S. judge (msn.com)

From what I’ve seen lately, they don’t give a hoot about the constitution or our liberties! That’s just a fact throughout the republic! I respect your choice, everyone need’s options!

1 Like
1 Like

42 U.S. Code § 1983 - Civil action for deprivation of rights | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)