Lead by example

We, in the USCCA community, have looked ahead and know that in case we have to protect ourselves or others there will be a good chance of legal persecution. This man was late. He was talking to his wife about getting insurance, soon. But, he was too late. Instead of shaking our heads and saying “I told you so”, can we lend a hand aka $5?
https://www.givesendgo.com/OPERATIONSKYWALKER

2 Likes

@Mr1 Welcome to our community. Could we have a little more info, State, City, date, news article. Trust but verify. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

It sounds suspicious. I know you don’t want that. More info would be a key ingredient to more donations. Welcome to the community.

2 Likes

Here are some bare bones bits, happened a couple years ago

4 Likes

“Kirk Culik is a 68 year old retired Corrections Officer, Coach for both IIHF Hockey and High School Boxing, 3-time cancer survivor, and respected member of his community.
On May 21, 2022, upon returning home from grocery shopping with his wife, Jill, Kirk was violently attacked by three teenage thugs with a well known and documented history of criminal activity and being menaces to society. (and were coming from other criminal acts when the assault occurred.)
During the attack, Kirk was struck in the head by a wine bottle wielded by one of the attackers and was knocked to the ground as a result. While on the ground and suffering from a concussion, Kirk continued to receive kicks and punches from his attackers. As the attack continued and injuries continued to compound, Kirk drew his lawfully possessed and carried concealed pistol from a crumpled, supine position and fired a single shot at the nearest lethal threat he was facing.

With one of the three attackers stopped, the other two criminals fled.
Unfortunately Kirk’s fight did not end there.
From initial responding local law enforcement holding his wife at gunpoint while trying to render him aid and seeking a murder indictment before completing even an initial investigation or witness interviews, to the unlawful withholding of medical care while in custody, prosecutorial misconduct of withholding evidence, and ex-parte communication between judge and prosecutors, Kirk spent 703 days (102 in solitary confinement starting on the day of the shooting) dealing with a system that refused to acknowledge his god-given and legally-protected right to self defense (and did everything possible to put politics first) before he was able to finally get his story in front of a jury of his peers who acquitted him of all wrong-doing.
What was the lasting effect?
Kirk was immediately taken into custody while still suffering from the injuries of his attack. He was denied medical care for 72 days while in solitary confinement. He was held for more than 90 days without the opportunity for bond, and when his attorneys were finally able to make that possible, the “judge” in the case set the bond at $400,000 CASH - the highest ever in Hillsdale County.
Kirk’s attorneys are the best in the business, but bringing that incredible team to the fight cost Kirk and Jill nearly EVERYTHING. Both Kirk and Jill are retirees. They sold their cars, their belongings, cleaned out their bank accounts and savings to make sure Kirk could walk a free man in the country that he dedicated his life to making better.
The goal of this fundraiser is to try and get Kirk and Jill as close to “whole” as can be. While they can never get back the time that was them, their friends and family, every little bit helps.

Anything you can give is truly, truly appreciated. “
‘From GIVESENDGO’

6 Likes

The link above in my post gives a better detail to the story. The altercation took place in Michigan 2 years ago. He was acquitted last month. The retired corrections officer had to sell everything in this lengthy court battle.
Man acted in self-defense in fatal shooting of Hillsdale County teen, jury finds - mlive.com
My firearms instructor, Trek of MDFI, had sent an email asking us to help a fellow alumni get back on his feet. Crazy how a 20 second act of self-defense can take 23 months of legal recourse.

3 Likes

Thanks. I was about to copy and paste this next.

3 Likes

OPERATIONSKYWALKER.MOV - Google Drive

2 Likes

Thanks for your concern. I hope your questions were answered. I don’t know this person. My firearms instructor is trustworthy and when he says an alumni is in need I wanted to stretch the request out to other like minded individuals. The 2A community needs to come together in the war on our rights. Not everyone can afford to battle with money as a weapon in donations but, if they can spread the word, write letters, make phone calls or any other creative force to let the judicial system know they are being watched. Public servants can be replaced.

3 Likes

All good, thanks. :+1:

2 Likes

reminds me, I have to renew my policy. thanks!

3 Likes

You need to move first! :grinning:

4 Likes

Open a seafood restaurant in New Mexico?

4 Likes

@Todd30 :smiley:YES! Long John Silver’s, Crab Shack! :yum: :laughing:

2 Likes

Barnacle Bills Seafood shack

4 Likes

If you mean donate, I did on Wednesday. If you mean leave the state of Michigan because of the bureaucrats, I can’t. I am a Michigander through and through. Instead, we need to remove certain elected and appointed people and replace them freedom loving politicians.

2 Likes

I was replying to Todd.

3 Likes

The rub is Michiganer’s need more freedom loving people to do that. No offense to you or Michigander’s, it seems to me if Michiganer’s didn’t want to be ruled they wouldn’t. We need leaders not rulers regardless their political affiliation. God bless America

2 Likes

Is suing those who oppressed him an option?

1 Like

I think the time has come to push our elected officials to pass one simple law: anyone or any entity that charges, sues, or causes someone or company or organization to go to trial, the loser whether government or private, will have to reimburse that person or entity all their legal and personal expenses and lost wages. I’ve put this idea forth to my local elected officials cause too many times, especially the government, go after people and win or lose, the individual as in this case lose everything. And remember in this case the government entity is fighting you with your money (taxes). This has to end.

4 Likes