Lazer help needed!

Thats very interesting. We have coyote here to hunt year round. Everytime i go i never see them even with calling with rabbit squeal diaphragm. Maybe i should go at night lol… What set up do you use for varmits?

2 Likes

Hey,
Coyote are most active in the evening and early nighttime. I have used a distressed rabbit call with the wiggly tail thing, it works… but it also seems to attract coons.

Bait works, bait can be something else dead, coon, dillo, hog, or even a bag of trash. A bag of kitchen trash is amazing for coons and opossum. Of course the latter is only after dark.

Oh I see you’re in WI so instead of dillo’s I guess you have sasquatch’s though. Those are best to use maybe a 50cal Sabot round out of a shotgun with a riffled barrel, or I guess a Beowulf. Those things are as big as a wookie.

4 Likes

What kind of optics would you recommend? I have a bushmaster ar 223/556 qith fixed handle. I do have a scope mount i can install.

1 Like

For varmints at night, or 2 legged varmints?
Night varmints I use a ATN Thor LT 4x9 Thermal.
Potential 2 legged day varmints it is EOTech EXPS3-4 with a 3x G33.
These are setup on different AR’s as even though it says you don’t have to re-zero, you do have to tweak it a bit between swaps, and that’s annoying and a waste of ammo.

3 Likes

Everything is relative. LOW PRICE? Yes, compared to my car that is relatively a low price. :wink:

4 Likes

Sweet thank you for the heads up im gonna really check into these!

1 Like

@Fizbin
How do you like the thor? Would you buy it again?
I have a 4k pro IR mounted on a decent quality regulated PCP rifle that is great fun at night (the only thing you hear is the round hitting the target). But I am lusting after a thermal. Right now I’m leaning towards an echo3 if/when I can find one for a fair price. I’m not at all unhappy with the ATN and in fact I’m very pleasantly surprised - especially when you consider the price point. But I’m thinking if I’m going to spend the money then the Sig warranty is worth something.
Your thoughts?

2 Likes

My holster needed modification for the lasermax. The takedown lever is how you turn it on. My silly alien gear holster was pushing it in and turning the laser on in the holster. I had to carve a little channel in the leather. No big deal. CrossBreed holsters can be made specifically for a lasermax. They are a neat toy along with a practical tool. If you can get over the changing spring part, I highly recommend them.
crossingstreams

3 Likes

Hey @Greg35, Yes, I’d buy it again. For it’s performance it is worth the money. There is a small bit of what I would call overlay on it, described as looking through a dirty window. But, I can clearly see the difference between a dillo and a coon at 80 yards.

It’s accurate, I’ve waited until there have been 3 coons lined up with one shot to save money on ammo, well just for the sport of it actually. :slight_smile:

The magnification is pretty good without getting all pixelated. I generally use it in the black is hot mode. You can turn the brightness way down so at night you’re not melting your eye so to speak.

There is no hiding from it, any amount of concealment is worthless. It can see through thick brush at anything crawling around.

3 Likes

Just a heads up ATN has a lightweight Thermal unit and is currently running a special price and payment deal.

Just yo let you all know.

Good luck

Larry

3 Likes