Krispy Kreme demands college student stop acting as a doughnut mule

2 Likes

No more doughnuts for you! :grin:

Seems silly, kid was providing a service.

2 Likes

@Fred_G. Looks like Krispy Kreme doesn’t like an enterprising young fella. Or maybe Krispy Kreme executive level has got Red A** because after all these years a kid shows them they could have been charging more money for their product?

3 Likes

Supply and demand Robert… If there was a Krispy Creme around, he could not charge those prices. :grin:

I like the young man’s ability to find a way to sell stuff.

3 Likes

Me too @Fred_G.

2 Likes

“We WILL take your donuts!!!”

3 Likes

The corporate types probably got the underwear in a twist because he was making a profit off of the Krispy Kreme name and product without paying the franchise fees and percentage, etc.

Maybe what he should have done was collect the regular price from his customers in advance and then charge a transportation fee when he delivers. I bet the Krispy folks don’t get upset when grubhub does exactly what this young man was doing.

2 Likes

I thought that I owned something when I bought it. I can buy (almost) anything at full retail and resell it for whatever I want. It’s known as capitalism. I never ask permission from a company when I sell something new on eBay. eBay would not exist, no one I know advertises as a corporate sales channel. And prices for the exact same product vary wildly.
I would suggest that this kid totally ignores anything Krispy Kreme says. They don’t have a legal leg to stand on. And I don’t think the publicity would help them if they sued the guy.
And if I am wrong here, I’ll be needing a good attorney @MikeBKY
BTW… if anyone wants a What-a-Burger sandwich, PM me and we can deal. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

WGN TV Chicago: Krispy Kreme reverses course, allows college student resell doughnuts.

5 Likes

If they don’t like what he’s doing, maybe they should open shop in the area. Just sayin’…

1 Like

yeah, they’re rethinking that plan… ok so they want him to get a business license set up, but he’s gonna get a better car out of the deal. At least Krispy Kreme sorted their about-face out quickly :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes