Knock out

A single unarmed person walking towards you on a public street might be a tough sell for a firearm.

Short video but I agree it looks like the perfect situation to bless the deserving with the hot sauce

6 Likes

From what I saw, I think the “hot sauce, pepper spray”, would have pissed off Gigantor even more and he would have finished the job and possibly the infant as well. I don’t see pepper spray as prevention, guys his size walk through tasers and sometimes bullets!
The old man should have been reading the streets.
That was an attacking bear! We keep this up and we’ll all be dead!
Because of Bigfoot my head is on a swivel going to the mailbox. I’ll bet my neighbors think I’m in witness protection!

5 Likes

@Elbert4 Welcome to the community, you are right about this bully, surely he will meet his match some day, but so far seems he enjoys soft, easy targets.

1 Like

I dunno @Don102 from the angle of the attack and the total lack of any defense by the attacker, I would think a Left Back hammer Fist followed by your right cross. We drill it incase we are attacked from behind, we call it the Little Bastards Buddy Attack.

4 Likes

“Catchy!” Has a sort of ring to it!
(I LIKE THAT!)

In Krav Maga we have something ‘I’ call the ‘Heel back Groin destroyer!’
Just kick back like a mule and the 2 1/2" 's of my Carolina’s heals STOP THE THREAT!
(pretty much instantly!) You can’t operate/think clearly when your manhood is dribbling down your leg.
Just saying

WWG1WGA
No step on snek

Oh Feliz Navidad! Mi Gunner’s

3 Likes

Being a devil’s advocate for a second. One might make the argument that since I was savagely attacked and knocked for a loop, I wasn’t in my right mind not thinking clearly. I saw my grandson’s stroller toppled over and thought the worst. He was retrieving a gun to kill me and my grandson or kidnapping him. How was I to know what was running through this guy’s head? I was attacked for no reason.

5 Likes

…and I inadvertently 'stepped on his Throat 'a number of times because I was extremely dizzy from this A**holes Unwarranted, Unprovoked ASSAULT Officer Sir, Excuse me for a sec now I need to call my USCCA Lawyer.

3 Likes

By today’s standards this is all too true!

4 Likes

Not to dig up or delve into another thread. Since this was caught on camera I will assume any counter act I do in return would be on camera as well. Would the USCCA decide that I broke the law and therefore not cover my defensive action? Since they wouldn’t cover the mall delivery driver but the court found him innocent.

I have no dog in this except I’m a USCCA member. Knowing how the USCCA thinks in these situations helps me decide whether or not I should stay a member or possibly get additional coverage on my own.

3 Likes

Being devil’s advocate, I don’t know that saying you were not in your right mind and weren’t thinking clearly is necessarily a good go-to to justify why you shot someone

3 Likes

Being physically large doesn’t change the reaction your eyes have to being filled with pepper spray. :wink:

6 Likes

If I have to defend myself, and all the evidence shows I was within the law to do so, USCCA better defend me, whether I am in a shopping mall or not. A Life is the most expensive thing in a mall!

4 Likes

Are we saying there is nothing I can do in self defense. Soooo I can walk up to you, knock your ass out with one punch, walk away and it’s all good?

3 Likes

I think in sum total we are suggesting that

*Shooting a single apparently-unarmed individual for walking towards you might be a tough sale
*Pepper spray is a viable/valuable tool for less than lethal situations, and it may be appropriate in a case like this, before the aggressor gets within arms reach
*Shooting someone in a situation like this, after they have turned and are walking away showing their back unarmed, giving the perception that the attack is done and they are leaving, also might be a tough sale

Remember to not use hindsight when evaluating what a person might do because someone is walking towards them in public.

*This might all get thrown out the window with more information. It does seem likely that there was some kind of interaction or communication of intent or something prior to that video clip, which could change how it’s viewed and what reasonable people would deem appropriate in the lead-up

3 Likes

No, the guy was IDENTIFIED and later found and arrested. But I think some are saying if you get KO’d and the guy walks off all you can do is press charges if he is found. I think a lot has to do with the timing of it all. If you have a glass jaw that might be your only option. If you can take a punch you might have other options available to you. I’ve been sucker punched and know that my lights are hard to turn off. Something will be coming back to whom ever real quick like.

3 Likes

I Pray (and I am NOT kidding). If/When a situation arises
that I SEE it develop, am AWARE of my surroundings
and Act Accordingly.
That is NOT a cop out
That’s TRUTH (for me)
You CAN’T shoot an unarmed skell AFTER they break off contact
YOU WILL BE HUNG OUT TO DRY—By everybody.
But you CAN serve up a plate of AMERICAN MEAN! before you get your BELL RUNG!
You get a concussion (I’ve had (3)) and you may get done! Nobody thinks straight after one
I believe you when you say your lights stay on, Mine do also but somebody throws a fuzzy lens over my eyes when my bell got rung in the past. I don’t want another hit like that, don’t know how many more my brain box can absorb. Be that as it may in today’s climate I also don’t know who will STAND UP for me and who will puss out! I’m NOT getting more Insurance for something that may NOT be covered anyway.
USCCA is it for me. If they fail me? Stick a fork in me I’m done because if my only protection is them and they bail, Blood is in the water and the rest of the sharks will eat me up.
If that is my thinking I will walk the walk and talk the talk as I do here and STOP THE THREAT before I take ‘Hit Points’ like when I played Dungeons and Dragons. Shooting an unarmed perp isn’t our only option but I am getting old, rickety and getting in somebodies wheel house may not be in my best interest. If I’m out numbered and the threat is code RED! I will shoot. I said it many times here
at the end of the day and I am still breathing I can deal with whatever they throw at me.
I’ve been to THUNDER RANCH Twice now (Feb 2024 will be (3x’s) Mr. Smith taught me a lot. Not just shooting/protecting myself, but hand to hand and the basic food groups we talk about here all the time: Awareness, Head on a swivel, Prepping, Vigilance. If you keep your s*** together, NOT slow to react, you can survive an encounter. (And the one I love the most: Don’t go to stupid places, do stupid things yadda, yadda…)
The saying of late YOU ARE YOUR OWN FIRST RESPONDER has never been more true!
AWARENESS: Bad S***‘S a comin’
Vigilance: You are ready BEFORE the fight
IF you can Evade/Escape that is in your best interest.
(if you can’t)
ACTION: End the Threat as fast as possible.
OC, Batons, Walking sticks, Tac Pen whatever use them if it’s Mano a Mano
Surprising I’ve been taught KNIVES are a NO NO! I don’t know why exactly but knives make
you look bad in people’s eyes. I’m No knife fighter anyway, with my metal legs, they get too
close and knock me off balance or on my back I’m a friggin’ Turtle. I’ll shoot the Bad Guy
as they try to come in for the kill. I won’t care at that point.
Even the biggest Bully may falter when they get a face full of OC or a baton upside the head!
This Grand father put that kid in a bad spot.
Bad enough being caught off guard and YOU get damage, putting an INNOCENT
in harms way is almost unforgivable, but it’s a huge possibility if you have your head up your A**.
Lot’s of people die driving into a crowd they saw from Blocks away. You’ve seen the Video’s.
Maye they thought nothing will happen to them? They can’t fathom bad s*** can happen until they are surrounded.
So, finally ending this sermon, If you can deal with the threat BEFORE they pounce or react fast enough after they pounce you may be golden in the Court of public opinion, The Law and the courts.
If you administer ‘Payback’ AFTER the fight you could be dangling from the nearest tree.

Mi dos pesos

1 Like

Being that happened in CA, the sad thing is if this innocent man had responded to this unprovoked attack by drawing a firearm and shooting him in self defense, I’m pretty sure that grandfather would be the one prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, which in CA he would probably get life for shooting a maggot.

6 Likes

It’s not just Cali Brother
This Country is infected with Diversity, wokeness and Blue city Blue’s
And ‘IF’ you are a Gunner
‘BOHICA!’ we’re doubly screwed! But what is the alternative?
Sit and take it?
I think not.
You must defend yourself and your family.
Stop the Threat, then deal with the Aftermath
You are ALIVE and that’s a good start.

WWG1WGA

3 Likes

Just goes to show, there’s no such thing as crime prevention, only deterrence and cleanup!

Don’t be the chalk outline!

Crime prevention!

6 Likes

I don’t know the exact verbiage in law but I’m certain, I do not have to wait to get injured before I can defend myself.

From Here:

Index Utah Code
Title 76 Utah Criminal Code
Chapter 2 Principles of Criminal Responsibility
Part 4 Justification Excluding Criminal Responsibility
Section 402 Force in defense of person – Forcible felony defined. (Effective 5/4/2022)
(2)
(a) An individual is justified in threatening or using force against another individual when and to the extent that the individual reasonably believes that force or a threat of force is necessary to defend the individual or another individual against the imminent use of unlawful force.
(b) An individual is justified in using force intended or likely to cause death or serious bodily injury only if the individual reasonably believes that force is necessary to prevent death or serious bodily injury to the individual or another individual as a result of imminent use of unlawful force, or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

I think it’s this part that would apply. Now After the fact, Rhetorical Question, Could I Reasonably Believe that this guy that for no reason attacked me is on a crusade to injury Another Individual.

3 Likes