Kidnapping

… and carrying around a wad of $100 bills always came in handy to get you out of most any undesirable outcome. I never met anyone in the Middle-East that couldn’t be bought.

1 Like

I told my son when he was little someone comes up to says knows me or your father …run…if they grab you you have seconds…fight…scream…say I don’t know this person help…if they tell you do something…do the opposite
… trust your gut. If it seems wrong it is wrong…my son is grown now…said he always was aware of people and surroundings bc what we told him…said it didnt scare him as a kid just made him aware of people

3 Likes

If you’ve seen anything by Tim Larkin, he teaches doing exactly that. He watches videos of gang fights among other similar things to expand his repertoire of dirty tricks.

3 Likes

i think most bad guys are looking for easy targets and don’t want to face anyone who will fight back.

4 Likes

Most are. Then you read a story (in this forum) about bad guy who took 10 hits in the chest and kept going. Do not make an assumption that you can scare him, or that once run away, he won’t come back in a few minutes. Get out of the unsafe location and move into a protected location.

3 Likes

Yes , using the SUV to ram , push , and run over is using deadly force and a deadly weapon . But so is attacking in great numbers , swinging around helmets , and pulling knives ( I don’t think they were using helmets to slash the tires ) . Remember that the mob / gang is considered one in the eyes of the law , and the acts of a few are shared by all .
Chris

2 Likes

If someone is endangering your life, their is no inappropriate use of force against your attacker[s], unless you have to consider collateral damage to truly innocent bystanders. And of course, the innocence of bystanders who are not actively trying to help you is suspect.

2 Likes

I would only add "surrounded by people beating on your car or trying to keep you from moving. A car can be a coffin or a conveyance out of the trouble.

3 Likes

Great list. In north Afghanistan I drove myself unarmed and in an upaored Toyota Landcruiser. Our fear was being stopped by a mob and a fire lit under you. That happened occassionally.

1 Like

Watch what happens when the vehicle stops in the crowd. This is Minneapolis, not World War Z.

That driver was arrested, by the way.
Just sharing info. We’ll see where it goes, but it’s good to know all potential consequences before making a decision.

1 Like

It makes sense to respond suddenly and violently. When it comes to life and death struggles, there is no such thing as defense. It is either attack and/or counter attack.

1 Like

My husband knows in that situation, I’m going to get very heavy… the bad guy is suddenly going to have to handle a lot of dead weight. If the bad guy is smart, he’s going to try and get himself completely behind his hostage. Going heavy makes that more difficult, more difficult to move the hostage, distracts the baddie, disrupts his loop and puts me in position to do my own combatives if neccessary, i.e. bad guy brought friends. You might want to think about different scenarios to help your ladies get out of harms way and work in more situations. Don’t rely on your hands not shaking due to adrenaline.

2 Likes

You have a good idea about the dead weight, I’ve also heard of extreme fake seizures, and vomiting. I’m not sure how someone spontaneously vomits though.

As far as hand shake, this is why training, experience and mind set will help. The more you train the less you will need to methodically think how to draw, present, acquire and fire. It’ll be part of your muscle memory. Physiologically you will shake and have other symptoms AFTER an adrenaline dump, during recovery.

And of course welcome to the forum. What part of the country are you in?

@Danielle2

I’ve trained for years on taking that shot in a hostage taking involving wife or daughter, that’s what I’ve always taught them to just become dead weight. As that will open up enough of a window for me to take that shot.

I wouldn’t take that shot for anyone else but statistics are not kind to women who are taken from one crime scene to another.

3 Likes

“… articulate”? I don’t know about that, but you sure talk real good…

Not just that, but lie down. You’re a lot harder to move in that position.

We taught our daughter to scream in as loud of a voice as possible “YOU’RE NOT MY MOM” or “YOU’RE NOT MY DADDY”

3 Likes

This past Tuesday I practiced this drill while my daughter was shooting in the next Bay over.

4 Likes

You reminded me of full metal jacket " You’ve got a war face?"

[ He Screams in his face ]
Aaaaaaaagh! That’s a
war face.
Now let me see your war face!

JOKER
[ shouting ]
Aaaaaaaagh! :joy:

2 Likes