Kenosha shooting

That’s an interesting concept @Robert15. What you are referencing the “felony murder doctrine” which dates back to Blackstone’s Commentaries on the Laws of England, circa. 1765-1770 but was first recognized in England in 1536 in Mansell and Herbert’s Case, 73 Eng. Rep 279, 280 (K.B. 1536).
It has been abolished in England, Canada, and Scotland but is still used in Australia. It has also been abolished in Hawaii, Kentucky, Mass. and Michigan.
Regardless, while the actors can be punished for the actual crimes, most state allow prosecution for solicitation, complicity, facilitation and as an accessory to a crime based on the level of participation.

5 Likes
6 Likes
2 Likes

Kenosha officer who shot Jacob Blake will not face discipline and has returned to duty: Police chief - TheBlaze

8 Likes

There is a light at the end of his tunnel. The correct finding. :+1:

3 Likes

Awesome sauce!

2 Likes

I have not kept up with this. Where does the case of Kyle Rittenhouse stand now?

1 Like

Still awaiting trial, but at least he isn’t in prison awaiting trial. There was a bail hearing a few weeks ago where the DA tried to increase the bond, under the presumption that because Kyle did not pay the bail, he had no liability. Essentially, he just wanted to punish Kyle by putting him back in prison. It is horrible that this man has such innate hatred in him that he is seemingly doing everything he can to unjustly punish Kyle. If Kyle is found guilty, he will be punished. It is not up to the DA to punish the accused. Justice would be if Kyle is found innocent that this DA goes to prison for at least as long as Kyle did, lose his job, fined the $1 million that he had Kyle pay as bail, and then sued for everything else he might own. This guy should not be a DA.

5 Likes

I agree with you @Dave17

1 Like

ABC reporter obtains hacked financial data (crime), shows up at the door of Utah man who donated $10 to Kyle Rittenhouse legal defence.

https://twitter.com/FollowWIN/status/1383252307358277633

3 Likes

JUST IN - Judge identifies men shot by Kyle Rittenhouse as “rioters, looters and arsonists” rather than “victims” before trial.

Rittenhouse’s lawyers can refer to the men he shot as “rioters” and “looters,” but prosecutors may not call them “victims” at any time during the upcoming trial, the judge ruled.

Narrative shift/ truth revealing itself?

12 Likes

I thought prosecution is nailing K.R. for underage possession. Not sure why they want to bring the “mostly peaceful victims” into this. Signal their allegiance to Antifa?

2 Likes

Andrew Branca is having almost daily reviews of the court proceedings. I believe its in this video where Branca says (paraphrased) “When the law is on your side you pound the law. When the facts are on your side you pound the facts. When neither the law nor the facts is on your side you pound the table. The Prosecutor is pounding the table a lot”

6 Likes

That headline is a little miss leading.

The judge ruled the people Kyle shot could not be referred to as victims.

The DA the tried to get the judge to not allow the defense to call them rioters, looters, etc.

The judge in my opinion is trying to remain fairly neutral. He ruled that if the defense can prove the people Kyle shot were engaged in criminal activity then the Defense could say what they did. However, unlike the media is trying to portray the Defense can’t come out of the gate without proof and call them criminals.

It may seem like splitting hairs but in the legal world it is still a huge difference.

That being said it sure does sound like a self defense case on at least some of the charges would be proven.

4 Likes

Trial has started today…

3 Likes

I watched some of the Jury selection polling/questioning. Necessary but extremely boring.

Stay safe.

3 Likes

Breaking News: A Jury has been selected after only one day of questioning and selections.

3 Likes

I wish I knew if that were good or bad.

1 Like

I watched both opening statements on Court TV. The defense used numerous sources of media, video and pictures to pull the jury out of the jury box and into the chaotic scene in Kenosha that night.

I wasn’t impressed with the Prosecutor at all. I will say that it does serve as a great reminder of why you should never make any statements to the Police without an attorney present. I find it interesting that this same Prosecutor’s office will soon have to prosecute one of the thugs that Kyle had to shoot in self defense.

Stay safe out there.

6 Likes

It’s bad. Robert Barnes, I think along with some friends in Wisconsin, helped organize a dream team for jury selection, including renowned behavior experts. The defense balked at using their help and even research at the last minute. One of the things the team did prior to that, however, was some polling that showed that 2/3rds of the Kenosha population thought Kyle was guilty based on the media coverage. Without that extra assistance and better-chosen probative questions, the likelihood that they got an impartial jury is low. But we’ll see.

1 Like