Kenosha shooting

Sounds quite costly. I wonder if the defense attorney is doing this for free?

1 Like

I heard that there is fundraising for him with over 250K as of yesterday @Andrew79.

In jurisdictions I am familiar with @Justin47, you can be charged as an adult for any criminal offense based upon age, mental capacity and your understanding of the crimes you are alleged to have committed, the associated penalties and your ability to assist in your defense. So it is very likely he can be charged as an adult and still be prosecuted for the general criminal acts as well as a minor in possession of a firearm. I know for a fact he could if this happened in Kentucky. But, as always, this is not legal advice.

8 Likes

Depending on how you interpret the exception, he could be in literal compliance, if not actual, if he was in compliance with 29.593 . The reason I say “if not actual” is that the court could say, “Oh, that exception is only about carrying a long gun while hunting,” which probably was the legislative intent there. At any rate, his lawyer has promised to challenge the constitutionality of the law if a conviction on that point occurs, not that I expect anything would come of that.

To my thinking a prosecutor ought to present a logically consistent case, and I don’t think charging him as adult for something that is only a crime for a minor qualifies as “logically consistent”. However, I wouldn’t bet a wooden nickle that there is anything in the law that prevents it from happening. They threw the book at him, and that one was in there, so it went, too. Ironically, it seems like the hardest one to dodge, as in Wisconsin, the state must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant did not act in self-defense. Proving that he wasn’t in compliance with the possession statute is a comparative walk in the park.

2 Likes

@MikeBKY thank you for that but for the record. I was not saying that was my understanding of the law. I was merely stating an opinion.

Yes he did break the law as for carrying a gun as a minor. He shouldn’t have been there.

But the rest of it was all an opinion. None of it was factual.
I was just saying that because they’re charging as an adult, they should take away the law he broke as a minor or charge him as a minor… not be able to use both.

1 Like

Some people refuse to watch their city burn.

5 Likes

I have been with USCCA about a week now. I am trying to absorb as much as possible. I just want to say I love how here people can have a difference of opinions and remain civil. We need more of it in Society.

Thanks to all for sharing your experience and opinions so we can all learn and grow.

9 Likes

This is tough- I grew up in Madison, WI. The radial tension in the USA is at an all time high. I am not an attorney and I have been with USCCA about a month. I can’t judge this event and won’t. I am half way across the country.

2 Likes

New on the “Top 20 Music Countdown” will it make #1. :+1: :rofl:
Watch this on YouTube, I could’t download the vid because the guy who posted it said he stole it.

Gunfighter Ballads, Kenosha Kid: AR on a Sling

3 Likes

Hopefully we can discuss this still without stupid comments and eventually thread’s closing… :point_up:t2:

Anyway… there is a “concept” that has popped up on Internet recently… stupid as hell… but we know how does it work…

What if the intent of Gaige Grosskreutz, the man who approached Kyle Rittenhouse in the street with a gun in hand and was shot in the arm for his trouble, was not the unlawful killing of Rittenhouse, but rather the intent was to make a lawful citizen’s arrest of Rittenhouse based on the belief that Rittenhouse had just murdered Jacob Rosenbaum (the reported multiple child molester who had attacked Rittenhouse in the parking lot moments earlier).
In other words, what if Rittenhouse shot Grosskreutz when Grosskreutz was not, in fact, engaged in unlawful conduct?

:thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Interesting thought process, but…
First issue that comes up is the fact he was a convicted felon and had forfeited his right to keep and bear arms, and as far as I can ascertain, he never had his rights restored.

Second issue is, if you have an armed individual, attempting a ‘citizens arrest’ is not a good idea. It is difficult at best if there is an unarmed non-violent crime, so even if he thought Rittenhouse was a criminal and needed to be arrested, he should NOT have approached and should have contacted the police, that he did not like…

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Not all states have a provision for that, though, it appears Wisconsin does. That does not mean if you attempted or did detain someone that you will not be prosecuted for that, and you could also be charged with kidnapping. Then there is a possibility of a civil suit if you harmed the detainee. if he was actually attempting to do that, there is the possibility of being harmed, as what happened to him. The many bad results to the one positive one makes doing that far more perilous than it is worth.

3 Likes

@Jerzees. - Then I think he should have yelled something about, dropping your weapon and I am making a citizen arrest. Make it clear what his intentions were.

It seems to me his intentions were quite clear by charging and having a gun in hand so he could dispatch Kyle quickly

3 Likes

Excessive force on who’s part? Not Kyle, they attacked him. I will say the AR probably triggered them. I wouldn’t carry mind unless I was ready to go to war

2 Likes

@Mary6 Hi. What triggered them was Kyle using a fire extinguisher to put out a dumpster fire the rioters lit and were going to push up against some squad cars. That is what brought Kyle to their attention. :+1:
Bruce.

6 Likes

Did you see that from Andrew Branca? I saw an email earlier today with a similar idea.

Any claim Grosskreutz may make on this point was torpedo’ed by his buddy who visited him in the hospital and posted publicly that Grosskreutz’ only regret was hesitating in killing Rittenhouse.

From the video it is never apparent that he makes any attempt to tell Rittenhouse “dont move you’re under arrest” or anything remotely similar. Tactically, he doesn’t keep his distance (firearm is a distance tool), nor does he close the distance if his intent was to control Rittenhouse’s rifle. And that doesn’t even take into account his being a felon and all.

5 Likes

Yes, just about anything will do

Mary Vermont

| BRUCE26 Regular
September 9 |

• | - |

@Mary6 Hi. What triggered them was Kyle using a fire extinguisher to put out a dumpster fire the rioters lit and were going to push up against some squad cars. That is what brought Kyle to their attention. :+1:
Bruce.

3 Likes

Yes. That was a question that Mr. Branca received from one of Law of Self Defense members.

2 Likes

And…
What was his answer?

1 Like

I believe the standard answer here is “42”. Otherwise the real information is “privileged”. The webpage that discusses it is on a paid site: What if Grosskreutz was making a citizen’s arrest?

2 Likes

The answer is:

“Grab these four courses as our “Rittenhouse Bundle,” however, and they’re all yours for ONLY $199!
:neutral_face:

Hopefully it will be posted somewhere in the internet soon.

3 Likes