Justified or Not

Your Opinion, if the victim was carrying?

2 Likes

IMO, I believe it would have been justified, without sound I don’t know if a threat was made something was brandished or what was said. But given the size of the two individuals, those aggressive blows and kicks they were intending to do great bodily harm and not just a punch. Real tough! Two against one and it’s hard for me to tell which one is the male, what a real”touch guy” NOT!! Sick world we live in nowadays! And it’s not getting any better!!

5 Likes

A single punch could kill.

Justified.

10 Likes

That is a forcible robbery and felony assault. Absolutely justifiable if she were armed. They could’ve knocked her unconscious and killed her with those punches and kicks and then taken her firearm. This was a violent crime.

10 Likes

Not to minimize the attack but why do people go fetal and allow someone to continue an attack? Defend yourself, attack back, sooner than later, do something, don’t just wait for the next blow.
That said, If this gal was armed I would think it would be 100% justified to use it.

7 Likes

People go fetal when a goose or swan attacks from what I’ve seen.

3 Likes

Good question, however, this victim seemed overwhelmed after the first blow. She appears to strike her head on the planter and may have been semiconscious at best. Armed or not standing in the middle of the sidewalk at least contributed to her predicament!

5 Likes

So @George98 is it Justified or Not?

2 Likes

@Mike164

Fight or flight.

Not everyone has the background (childhood fights) or training (as an adult) to fight.

5 Likes

Can’t really draw on unarmed pedestrians just passing by, until they start an attack. In this case, it was likely too late for her after it started.

Sad, but that’s what it looks like to me. No good end to that one.

Reinforces keeping your eyes on shady folks, and some distance, well before it gets to that.

6 Likes

The victim was in no condition or position to react to what was clearly a threat to her life or a situation where her attackers were intent on causing her serious bodily harm?

Justified or not is a moot point in this case!

5 Likes

Awareness is always important. Justified or not, if she was aware of her surroundings this could have turned out very differently.

7 Likes

Self defense is a personal responsibility.

6 Likes

Clearly justified, that was attempted murder! Just another normal day in the maggot filled apple!
What happened to the good old days, “gimme your money or I’ll shoot”.

Nowadays they just want you dead! Don’t get DED! A great lesson for keeping your head on a well oiled swivel!

7 Likes

In my opinion, just because someone strikes you does NOT give justification for deadly-force.

Truth be told, if you “fear” for your life then it does. So my opinion don’t matter.

Maybe I just been in a few throw downs as a young man. And a few of those opponents are my friend as an Adult.

4 Likes

Heck yes with proper training and a Firearm she’s familiar with, by all means, deploy your training…
Situational Awareness… We’ve all heard it time and time again…
It is imperative… Regardless of how comfortable One might feel in a “usual” place, it is imperative. Unfortunate… But Imperative…
I go, you go, we all go to a special out of the, far out of, places in the Woods…
To train, to 4W, to back country ski with the Grandchildren, or just to smack some Grouse or have a look yonder… Get out…
Even so, same thing applies…
There could be people hiding in your Woods… Or those damn Cats, Hence always be aware…
Perhaps a bad example of what I mean to say.
No Doom & Gloom, Relaxation is possible… :grin:

5 Likes

That gal was clearly getting the $hit kicked out of her…
Her opponents are not friends…
They’re not going to have a beer and chuckle over this latter…
No offence Randall…

6 Likes

None taken at all @Eric88 !

The video did not load for me.

Someday soon ill be able to use the internet without data corruption, misinformation, and broken links .

4 Likes

For this kind of attack it’s totally justified, but hopefully she took the training and knows her firearm. And a good batch of situational awareness which could lead to conflict avoidance.

4 Likes