Just For Funzies - Sports Riddles

Oh, the one that does not post ad hominem attacks, I see. Again, if you were kicked, you were not hit?

To aid those that are ESL:

Kick: “a blow or sudden forceful thrust with the foot”
Hit: “to apply forcefully or suddenly”; “to strike a blow”

Let me pose a hypothetical question: If one is hit on the backside, ankle, shin, or other body part by a boot enclosed foot, have they not been kicked? :thinking:

2 Likes

:wink: Yeap… that’s why we call it “kicked”.
Is the language simple, isn’t it? No need to say: 'hit by foot"… we say: “kicked” :slightly_smiling_face:

Is it still baseball question?
Or something related to “kick, hit, kick”… or “hit, kick, hit”… or … whatever… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Yes, it is, but some that are ESL do have issues understanding the idioms and usage.

1 Like

But are you going to say: “hit the ball” during American Football game? Nope, you say “Kick the ball”.That makes it easy to understand. And that was the whole point of this discussion.
I know life can be complicated… but let’s make it simple if we can… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

At least you understand that hitting a ball can be by any method, and rules of the game are what determines the method(s).

6-4-3 refers to the position numbers of the players on the field in baseball:
1, pitcher; 2, catcher; 3, first baseman; 4, second baseman; 5, third baseman; 6, shortstop; 7, left fielder; 8, center fielder; 9, right fielder.

Writing that made me recall the Abbott and Costello bit “Who’s on First?” I still find that funny, they did it so well.

1 Like

It’s a baseball question my brother.

2 Likes

That’s correct @Dave17 and I know you can explain how that play happens.

Assuming runners are already on 1st and 2nd:

1. Line drive to short for 1st out , throws to 2nd for 2nd out for non-tagging runner then to first for 3rd out for non-tagging runners
  2. short fields hot grounder, tags runner from second base, throws to 2nd for force out on runner from 1st, the to first for batter running to 1st
2 Likes

You got it brother @William591 :+1::+1:

1 Like

It is all about the special moments. Great plays that makes everybody ooh and aahhh! Randy Johnson hits a pigeon with a 100 MPH pitch. Now that is fun baseball, all the moments! Watching that jump and reach over the wall to steal some ones home run! You gottah love Baseball!

1 Like