Jersey Mike's Subs faces boycott after joking tweet

Gotta Link by chance?

2 Likes

I found this: marketing (at) jerseymikes.com

Yes sir, I used this link (similar to @Zee’s just a step further under contacts…)

https://www.jerseymikes.com/contact-us

I selected the “Need Help Have a Question” option as that was the only option that allowed me to write any text (again it limits you to 1000 characters).

1 Like

“Done and Dusted”, thanks.

2 Likes

As pointed out, the lack of a strap does not mean it is not a retention holster. However, you all know that, but does Joe Public know that?

At first glance of this picture, they do not appear to be retention holsters.

I enlarged the part of the picture (and cropped out the parts) and it does look like the firearm in the 3 o’clock position may have retention.

The 5 o’clock could go either way. I will adjust my earlier comment to say that the way he is carrying appears off. I know some about firearms and carrying (not everything) and I’d probably avoid this guy in public.

2 Likes

I thought he looked pretty untrained myself. I would add one more red arrow pointing to his plumbers crack. IMO this is the kind of person who gives all of us a bad name.

4 Likes

The IWB does not have any retention device except friction which helps keep it secure. The OWB I cannot tell.
As a general rule, the vast majority of concealed carry holsters depend on concealment for security. If you open carrying, it is prudent to Have a holster that has additional retention methods so your weapon cannot be easily picked from you.
Funny thing is that i see off duty and plain clothes police officers at the courthouse who are waling around with their weapons in concealment holsters but are not concealed. Having a badge on your belt does not secure your weapon. It is one of the reasons I continue to carry in the courthouse unless I am going to enter an area where detainees are being held.

2 Likes

Totally agree with you Michael7. This is exactly the image we DON’T want to project to the public from gun enthusiasts. Completely careless carry. Ammo for the anti’s especially at a time when the anti’s are intensifying their efforts. Carry smart.

3 Likes

Welcome to the group @Gordon3
Carry smart is right.

1 Like

I almost became a keyboard warrior.
O.o

Anyway, they look holstered and he doesn’t seem to be threatening.

1 Like

I dont think his pants and belt can support the weight.

1 Like

Wait… @Sully_LST is this you?
:flushed::crazy_face::laughing:

2 Likes

I went to Jersey Mike’s to pick up dinner for my wife and I on Monday afternoon. I was open carrying and, to the best of my knowledge, no one posted any pictures, complaints or anything else negative. Did I mention that I was the only customer in the store at the time? The employees didn’t care.

And I don’t think the other people who ran out when I got there cared either. (Just kidding)

3 Likes

We may have to have Jersey Mike’s for dinner…

2 Likes

Went there for lunch today. As usual, nothing dramatic happened.

1 Like

@RocketPak, you started the conversation before one of our bloggers could!

1 Like

This reminds me of a friend that worked at a smoke shop here. He had his handgun on his body and his rifle behind the counter. I told him if you use the rifle, chances of the rounds making to the the road, which was within 50 yards, was high. Having it, I told him, was not wise because of the possibility of round hitting someone on the road.

2 Likes