Jeep problems

Wondering if anyone owning a jeep, 2018 thru 2021 has had four wheel drive train problems, specifically transfer case ?
Since September we’ve been having the swaybar notice light, lockers inactive and loose the light that shows what drive we’re ln, ( 2wh - 4H - N - 4L ).
Been to the dealership 7 times for fix so far.
Getting discussed dealer can’t find the true problem causing this malfunction. You would think the manufacturer would know the cause of this problem. We’ve went to forums on line and found many other owners of jeeps having same problem.
Just wondering and blowing off steam.

3 Likes

I know this won’t help… but I couldn’t resist finding Jeep thread here… :laughing:

A 2023-12-22 09-27-24

5 Likes

Try another dealership and see if you get a better answer. I understand your frustration with Jeep. Jeep sends me recall notices for a tailgate latch that 3 different dealerships say doesn’t apply to my Jeep.

2 Likes

You can look up TSB’s and see if there’s a recurring issue and a solution or search jeep forums for similar issues. Also as @Greg1 suggested, you can call the dealer. Unfortunately, at least since 2013 or so jeeps have had drivetrain issues. When I worked for cjdr, there was a transmission update that was required by the dealer, so people started bringing in jeeps for a 15 minute update. The issue we found was that if a jeep had more than about 1500 miles, the update would essentially paperweight the transmission. Stopped doing them on used wranglers when we developed a trend.

1 Like

sell it and get the real jeep 1952 willy’s

2 Likes

I have 2 - 1997 wranglers
I wish I had drive train issues
ours is electrical issues [and RUST]
limping this last one threw the winter
then to the scrap yard with both of them
and I am done with jeeps

1 Like

Greg1; No other dealership want to look at our vehicle, we’ve tried.

2 Likes

Levi2; we’ve been search on the forums for months, as said in my initial entry. We’re still looking at them to maybe get lucky.

1 Like