It’s Official: Entering Low Ammo Zone

Down to 720 rounds of FMJ practice ammo. Had a non-shooter friend who thought I was crazy Friday when I said I’m not shooting this week cause I’m down to that total.

Taking two training courses in October which will take what I got and some I don’t have in storage. Jeez, this is got to end soon!

2 Likes

II am down to roughly 1,200 and I have to classes coming up in September that will use about 700 of them. After the classes, I may be waiting a while to go shooting again. If you have any relationships with any local ranges, see if they will tell you what time their deliveries come in every week. I do that and then call about 3 hours after and ask if they got any 9mm in stock on the shipment. If so, ( they only allow 1 or 2 boxes to be sold) I stop by after work and pick some up. I have managed about 150 rounds a week the past month.

2 Likes

If the Manchurian candidate takes office, we will be in a no ammo zone. Personally I’m holding onto every round I own until after the election, because things will really get out of hand if Pelosi has to take office. Even if we turn this corner with out a civil war, we only have 4 years to breathe. I don’t expect manufacturing to regain 2019 levels until 2025. Fortunately I shopped in February!

4 Likes

I’m down to the bare bones; just the ammo I need for my firearms and a few extra magazines! When I go to the range, I just have to use/but their ammo!

Not to slide from the OP a bit, but look at your other stores. Stock up on other essentials NOW prior to the election. When this mail in ballot thing starts and election day comes and goes, regardless of who gets elected it will make hanging chads look like a cake walk.

Prepare for “lockdowns” and if nothing happens (Remember Y2K, nothing happened as predicted) great, you’ve got a bunch of stuff you can use everyday anyway.

As soon as things level off, my best advise would be to get into reloading. The start up costs will sting a bit but after that, you’ll save $$ and not feel so bad about practicing and maintaining your skills.

1 Like

Im officially taking a look at reloading equipment…down another rabbit hole I go.

1 Like

Not to make myself sound less amazing… so to speak, but reloading is super easy.
As are most things, once you dig in and take the mystery out of it. I don’t let on to this too often that way people at least “think” I’m amazing.

2 Likes

I have less than that loaded. But I have cases and components for who knows how many rounds. I love to reload and do it for the joy of reloading but at times like this, it definitely comes in handy. Unfortunately components are getting scarce now too, especially primers.

1 Like