It has come to OUR NEIGHBORHOOD!...šŸ˜”

thank you same to you and your famil

3 Likes

All the more reason to get trained and get the proper mindset. I left NYC for NC but the people here are getting more strange; theyā€™re beginning to think like new yorkers and everytime I see NY plates I wince! Theyā€™re starting to weep and wail about fireworks and folks who have enough property to be blessed with so they do target shooting, crying about their dogs and cats and horses. Iā€™m 70 this year and have seen much but I marvel at the cowardice and weakness of people older but especially ā€œmillenialsā€! (Forgive my spelling and grammar) The voting age should be raised to 25 as thatā€™s the age neurologists say the frontal lobe matures and bring back the draft. Young males with no direction and systemically racist education, you know what I mean, need that discipline and structure. I see fear in places that surprise me! Weā€™ve been lied to but the timid have bought into it and now want to shine shoes and bow and scrape to humans rather than our Great God and Saviour Yeshua! Unbelievable what that Cathay chick fil a CEO said > it defies true Christianity and shows what deception looks like. Bottom line, while we are still a civil society, letā€™s get off our lazy aā€“es and get to the polls or whatever we need to do but vote and vote often! And sustain a grateful spirit being praiseworthy so your mental state remains healthy these days ā€¦ Jesus Bless you all! WWG1WGA

9 Likes

I donā€™t disagree with most of that. Iā€™m somewhat active on our local Nextdoor app and am amazed at what people post. A lot of cop calling for fireworks, etc. assuming it is gunshots. One family down the road has a range on site. People act as if the topic hasnā€™t come up a hundred time and post a new fearing for their lives. I had a conversation with two of them yesterday about a comment they made. they have someone (maybe) peeping in a window. Theyā€™re planning to shoot the person and believe that they have a good lawyer. I tried to guide them away from that (and going promptly to jail for it) and joining the USCCA for better advice/training, but it was declined. They know better. Iā€™ve had conversation with coworkers who said that would have a teacher removed if they spoke to their child in a strong tone or laid a hand on them. Things are certainly going in a poor direction. Iā€™m all for forward movement/progress, but this sure doesnā€™t feel like it. It feels more like parrots/sheep to me.

7 Likes

Sounds like you detected a couple of psychotics in your circles. Keep away, only professionals should deal with this condition.
Here is an opposite case, a neighborhood trying to ā€œwean off policeā€. Perhaps I should post this in the humorous section.

2 Likes

And how does that story make you feel?

3 Likes

@Thomas106
Easiest way to ā€œpottyā€ train new pupsā€¦
Select spot in house you can let them temporarily use as bathroom. Place down newspaper (or Puppy Pads if you want to spend the money).
Keep close eye on pupā€¦and when they have an accident (pee or poop) ANYWHERE in the houseā€¦ clean up with paper towels and immediately take pup and paper towels to where you want them to go on newspaper and put the paper towels on newspaper and show pup thatā€™s where you want them to go. Lots of praise at newspaper and leave the soiled paper towels there.
Be sure to thoroughly clean the spot they had accidentā€¦you HAVE TO REMOVE all scent of the accident so they donā€™t use that area to go again (diluted ammonia or vinegar works great).

Then watch close again and when they start to ā€œhave accidentā€ā€¦scoop up puppy and take straight to newspaper (very important to NOT YELL scaring pupā€¦calmly say No and take straight to newspaper). Show pup prior paper towels, let pup smell and keep pup on newspaper until they go. Then lots of praise!

You may have to do this a few times for a day or two until they start going on newspaper without you taking them there.

Next step:
After a week of pup using newspaper on its ownā€¦you then move the newspaper out in yard where you want him/her to goā€¦and show pup where that is. Be sure to throughly clean previous area in house where newspaper wasā€¦so pup doesnā€™t smell scent there. Especially do this if pup goes in that area again.

Once the pup understands the newspaper is outside, they will go to door and bark and whine wanting outā€¦be sure to IMMEDIATELY respond to this and let them out.
This all may take several times and as much as a monthā€¦and even still there may be a couple in house accidentsā€¦BUT, eventually your pup will NEVER go in house againā€¦no matter what!

The most important thingā€¦HAVE LOTS OF PATIENCE! Puppies are babies and have to be taught everything you want and do not want them to do!

Congrats on your new addition!

My 7 year old male Dob, Bandit, saved my life of despair and severe depression after losing my Malamute K-9 to cancer, my 21 year marriage to Female Mid-Life Selfishness, her adultery and alcohol abuse and then my Mother to Alzheimersā€¦all in less than 5 months time!
I got him as a 10 week old pup and he instantly became my whole life! Then less than a year later, got him his little sister, Smokie,ā€¦(Yes they are Smokie and the Bandit!:smile:).
Last year we rescued the male blue Dob, Gunner, from an abusive homelife and a couple months later took in, Baby Gracie, from a breeder whoā€™s bitch was attacking and neglecting her litter.

As a side line income about 20 years ago, I owned and operated a service agency that deprogrammed retired Military and Police K-9s so they could be adopted into families and can say with absolutely NO DOUBTā€¦A DOG IS TRULY MANā€™S BEST FRIEND TO THE VERY END!

9 Likes

Mentally superior to the ā€œMinneapolis Manā€.

5 Likes

This is disturbing, especially the part about the media blackout by the police. People need to know what is going on in their neighborhood.

3 Likes

Minnesotans between the ages of 20 and 29 are now the largest group of those testing positive, accounting for 6,854 confirmed cases of the coronavirus

I wonder why? Maybe Dr.Fauchi could suggest some prevention to the young people.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/live-updates-covid-19-developments-in-minnesota-and-wisconsin/89-f0439292-36a9-493c-817a-cff2db19077f

2 Likes

I will be totally candid and honest on this subject. I do not nor for the immediate future trust anyone or any entity representing any Federal agency such as the FBI until major changes are made at that level. Trust only local LEO, and Sheriffs Deputies. I consider the FBI part of the problem that exists in this country today.

9 Likes

During these times, I donā€™t trust my mailman. I used to trust the mafia, they at least had a code. Back in the days when Brooklyn was Brooklyn.
You know, now that I think about it. Back in those days, thereā€™s no way the streets would be taken over. That was a neighborhood.

10 Likes

And how many were ā€˜peacefulā€™ riotersā€¦ err ā€¦ protesters.

2 Likes

Doing or saying will get you labeled. Now is not the time for LE to be labeled. All that they do will be done quietly. As for you, stay well lit, well armed, and safe.

7 Likes

Jesus wept. :sob:

The fact that this is good advice.

3 Likes

I know. I know.

3 Likes

Welcome Paul157.

1 Like

Yes, I know the choke collars donā€™t work. They actually do more damage than anything else. I just put it on her for intimidation purposes. If you notice she has a regular collar underneath the choker. Howā€™s your new Rot Thomas? Did you pick her up already?

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss brother. Pitts are an awesome breed. Go get another one. After my pup is a year old I am going to get a female. Spade of course. My pup will go about a year before I neuter him. I want him to get the feel of man hood a little before I snip. Go get another one, many ways to adopt as well,. Blessings brother. K

3 Likes

Lake Street is not the best area in Minneapolis, IIRC. I wonder if the resident that reported the incident was worried about blowback from neighborsā€¦ even if the protests never happenedā€¦

3 Likes

I hope you stay safe and armed. Keep us updated.

4 Likes