It ain't over until the fat lady sings

No more of this LBGTQRSING s__t. I’m going to the range.

8 Likes

I have family members who are members of the LGBTQIA+ bcdefu alphabet soup community. I don’t really care what people do or do not do with their private bits.

But this is getting ridiculous. It reminds me of a saying I find amusing.

Give em an inch of rope, now they want 2 inches of rope, Give em 2 inches of rope, now they want 3 inches of rope.
Give em 3 inches of rope, now they think they are mother ■■■■■■■ Cowboys .:cowboy_hat_face:

At what point is there enough validation from the world at large? When does this constant, unending, deluge of sexual identity politics stop? When is enough, enough?

BTW none of you can say mean things to me in response. Sorry those are the rules I am a member of a Federally protected minority.

7qo94m

9 Likes

First of all I’ll never refer to it as “Admiral”. Absolutely NO DUE RESPECT
Not in my Navy! Not in my United States!
Glad I got out honorably when the service was still respectable! Biggest disgrace, I can’t unsee it, nor unknow it! Shameful, really!

FYI, fat lady has been singing for the past 2 1/2 years! Should have plugged her pie hole a long time ago.

Tomorrow I’ll tell you how I really feel!

Be all you can be, just stop shoving it down normal people’s throats!
No pun intended!

6 Likes

Funny but sad and aggravating story.

When I was 2 my younger sister was put up for adoption and we were separated. At 18 I hired a private investigator to find her for me. When he found her I contacted her adoptive family. They told me that her mental development had stopped at a young child’s age and that she didn’t know she was adopted, and could I please not contact her as it would hurt her. I don’t have family that I talk to, so I wasn’t crazy about it but I understood it and agreed.

I didn’t really start thinking about it until I was in my 50’s and I started to wonder about who was going to take care of her seeing as her parents had to have passed by now. Then one night out of the blue I get a phone call and it’s her. My mind is blown but I’m glad to hear from her.

She wasn’t developmentally challenged, her adopted parents just didn’t want me to contact her.

Anyways cut through the getting to know each other stuff. She is married and has 2 young boys. This takes place at the beginning of the Biden era, so the whole words are violence schtick is not in full sway, yet…

She uses non binary they/them as her pronouns and her 2 sons use they/them pronouns as they self identify as non binary. Do not get me started on why an elementary school aged child is using pronouns at all. But over the course of getting to know them (we played video games and stuff each week among other talks we had). I inadvertently would use traditional pronouns, I would apologize and tell them it was hard for me to remember but I would try to do better.

One night she calls me up and just explodes at me about it. Threatens to call the FBI about my “Hate Speech”.

I told her she was like National Geographic, she’s got issues. I told her I had no desire to engage like this anymore and I blocked all her numbers and media from me. This was her second off the deep end moment with me. We haven’t talked since.

8 Likes

Sorry to hear this. But you tried, That’s the best any of us can do. Rereading your post, I’m thinking maybe her adoptive parents were right all along, maybe she is/was developmentally challenged. The explosive reaction kind of suggests that. Maybe some day she will realize the error of her ways and come back around.

4 Likes

So sorry to hear this. Very sad.

However, I don’t think your experience is unique on the explosive thing. I have a family member who came out as LGBTQ. The family has not rejected her although we don’t believe this is morally o.k. She accused a family member of rejecting her, pushing her away, etc. This is someone with whom she was incredibly close before she came out. I don’t mean to be unkind and broad brush, but anything less than eager acceptance of who they are/who/what they think they are (and I don’t mean that disrespectfully) is considered violence by them. Anyone who refuses to affirm them is the aggressor.

Our country was founded on the idea that we could exchange ideas rather than suppress them. We’ve lost that. Now, not only are you not allowed to disagree with me, you must affirm me or you are the wrongdoer here.

You did what you could. Very well done. I am sorry for you (and them) that it didn’t work out better.

8 Likes

Sorry things went that way. Sounds like she could benefit from some extended family support. But there is only so much you can do.

In my personal experience some people are so insecure in their own identity and belief systems that being faced with someone who doesn’t fully conform to or completely agree with their positions ends up being viewed as an existential threat. People who are comfortable with who they are and what they believe usually don’t have major issues dealing with others with differing perspectives and beliefs.

Not saying that people from some groups don’t have some valid reasons to be wary of others who might not agree with them. Just think that some folks may need to consider readjusting their threat meters.

7 Likes

I’m sorry to hear it Doc. You certainly tried to honor her wishes while in her home. You are a good man and I’m sorry that happened to you. You handled it perfectly in my opinion.

7 Likes

It is unfortunate that these things are a reality in this divisive climate called America. As much as her own personal life has been challenged it does not help - in fact in it worsens matters - when the media (CNN, NBC, etc.) continue to pummel their audience with exaggeration, misinformation, and bias. I am sorry for your situation but the blame does not lie entirely with her. The Dylan Mulvaneys’ of this country have done enough damage for a generation. I hope things get better for you.

Sincerely. The Two Jakes

3 Likes

This is something I have said. Even if the current politically charged issues of today are swept aside, never to be heard again. This current lunacy has sunk so deep that the damage is going to be generational to repair. The backlash to repair the damage would have to be monumental. I’m not even that sure that it can be undone. Seeing as some of the institutions that need to change, change at incredibly slow speeds.

4 Likes

Generational :question:
More along the lines of a geological time scale.
They are going to have to carbon date this crap!

Things that will never be solved…

Who is Jack the Ripper?
Who killed Kennedy?
Who leaked Roe-v-Wade brief from the Supreme Court?
Where is Jimmy Hoffa?
How did Kamal Harris become VP?
Where is the lost city of Atlantis?
Is Joe Biden a Chinese asset?

Our great great grandchildren will ponder these mysteries for EVER!

No! What we’ve become, is it! I’m coming to terms with these revelations!
Only God himself can fix this!

3 Likes

When are we Honkies going to get a “Pride” ANYTHING? A parade? A day off from every Leftie shouting RACISM (and it’s OUR fault) and on and on, blahblahblah.

I thought it was illegal to discriminate based on race. Aren’t we Honkies a race? (Honkie is the mildest I can think of. What they’re calling us now is much worse - besides, Honkie makes me laugh. Couldn’t they come up with something better? I’m PROUD to be a Honkie. )

1 Like