Is the Constitution a right or a privilege

**VERY TRUE,I’m in full agreement with you

3 Likes

I had to look that one up and upload it and save it for future reading.

2 Likes

Great question @DonJMac!

According to “Special vice president Joe Bidden and President Harris, because she runs the show and Sloppy Joe getting altimeters… “NO RIGHT IS FINAL!”

It just cringes me when someone says that!

YES! I get it! Like I’ve heard a million times, YES! You can’t go into a movie theatre and YELL FIRE!
That’s common sense! But honestly, YOU COULD! & You would only be responsible if someone gets hurt or loses their life but I could go into that same theatre and clap, laugh, say Hallelujah, or even a cuss word or two and I would be just fine !

Someone might tell me to be quite or worse but that’s my right.

Warning

Free speech is being Censored and soon you will need a permit to speak what they want you to speak!

Speak Up Americans! Now is the time to speak!

Speak Truth! Stand for those who can’t! & Let everything you do be done in love!

6 Likes

The idea of an inalienable right is at the heart of U.S. democracy, which our current adminastration thinks it should be treated as a privledge and not a RIGHT . . . . . Our once incredible Nation just keeps trying to maintain itself as a Free Nation. The Constitution and the Bill of Rights is very clear that our RIGHTS shall not be infringed upon (it takes away some of our rights or limits our freedom: These restrictions infringe upon basic human rights. Taking things away from someone or somewhere. So, knowing that more than 200 years ago our Country was founded, and our founders, made some very important decision.

The only difference between then and now . . . . . Six Individuals on the Supreme Court does however has a posion to determine and inturpit what the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Those who do not appreciate their freedoms, infringes on our “RIGHTS” let there be no person who loves this Country and the Freedoms. Being retired Law Enforcement, I can tell you the we responded to terrible situations that happened after the fact. Our system allows it’s people to bear arms and protect against threats both foriegn and domestic. We need to take our Country back, before we no longer have a Country.

Be Blessed, and know the ones in charge, do not have your best interests in mind . . . . .

2 Likes

**Awesome David504,Thanks you for your great insight, GodBless you and your family. **

2 Likes

Same back at you brother, I am most frustrated with what is going on right now in our Country, this isn’t the America I grew up in, Vietnam is what separated and caused division within our people. When I came home direct from Vietnam, we didn’t get the news coverage that everyone can get today. We changed from a military flight to a Commercial flight from San Diego to LAX. We talked on the plane about what we thought would be the greeting when we got off the plane. The reality was so on the other side of what we had thought, it was frighting. I couldn’t believe the things people did or said, hot coffee, spit, cold drinks, some even had eggs. We tried to get away from the area, we could see the people waiting for us in the back of the crowd, holding up signs and waving, What in the hell is going on, don’t these people know what we have been through, I would NEVER be the same. Several of us quickly went over to the people trying to take their hands down, take and destroy their handmade signs. We injured several, but we all got out safely and only a few bruises.

When I was in Vietnam, I have seen my fair share of dead and dying friends and acquaintances. I noticed that when a black guy Gene came in and so severely damaged by being hit by something big. I saw another (white) guy I had met being transferred to a helicopter with Gene to a Carrier, where they had a nice hospital and excellent doctors and nurses. I had noticed as I applied fresh bandages to both, they looked the same inside just their skin color is different. Where does all the hate come from? Hate is the very thing that divides us.

Be Well, and be Blessed

David

3 Likes

** thank you my dear brother David, I remember some of the same things you did I wasn’t in action, but I was in the city and a lot of my friends did not come back from Vietnam, God bless you, thank you for your service**

2 Likes

Thank you for your service. I did not protest and never passed judgment; I’m not sure where I learned it, but I learned never to generalize or blame the majority if and when there were only a few who might have done wrong. I think the military, as special as it is, has some things in common with other jobs or careers, that not all of those at work are free from doing wrong.

I know most of those Vets did not commit war crimes, that they did serve their country honorably and helped their fellow soldiers.

Another post title this week was ‘Would you die for America’. I was too young for the draft during the Vietnam War.
I registered for selective service when I became of age during the Iraq War. Back then, there was no draft, but when I was asked what if there was, I responded “Of course I’d go, it’s my duty and honor, no matter who is or who is not in the Oval Office (that matters to me not), what matters would be my brothers and sisters at risk out in the field.”

I thought of all of our forefathers who served during wartimes.

4 Likes

I had a low draft # (62). I never even considered going to Canada, even though I had a lot of relatives there. I DID beat the draft, though. I enlisted- U.S Army. (71-74).

4 Likes

Richard you are a great American, God Bless you and your family and thank you for your service.**

3 Likes

In the Revolutionary War, the militia was composed of all the Patriots who were expected to show up with their own guns and ammo. Since guns were used to put food on the table and defend against hostiles, people could shoot a bit, albeit not very accurately since the ball rattled around in the barrel. Advantages were gained when, as Bill Cosby said in “the Coin Toss”, when the settlers won the toss-“We can shoot from behind the rocks, the trees and everything and the British must wear red and march in a straight line.” Guns were so commonplace that they were considered property to the point that it was unnecessary to be listed in Wills.

The 18th Amendment banned alcohol. This resulted in the rise of the Mafia, crime and violence spiked, In short, that experiment didn’t work. When the 21st Amendment repealed Prohibition, it was discovered that there were more alcoholics than there were before the 18th Amendment was ratified, proving the adage that the surest way to make people want something is to tell them they can’t have it. There is a disturbing resemblance to the attitudes regarding alcohol back then and the attitudes regarding guns today. Our “leaders” have learned nothing.

5 Likes

You are wrong Juan40. It specifically states “the RIGHT of the people to keep and BEAR arms”. review District of Columbia v. Heller - The Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home

McDonald v. City of Chicago - In Heller, we held that the Second Amendment protects the right to possess a handgun in the home for the purpose of self-defense. Unless considerations of stare decisis counsel otherwise, a provision of the Bill of Rights that protects a right that is fundamental from an American perspective applies equally to the Federal Government and the States. We therefore hold that the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment incorporates the Second Amendment right recognized in Heller

1 Like

I am not wrong, Wiliam47, keep reading. It’s a whole sentence. You are making the mistake of not reading the whole sentence.

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

The right of the people to keep and bear arm is already established (NOT in the constitution) as an unalienable right. What the second amendment says is that it “shall not be infringed”.

So the constitution isn’t saying we have the right; it is saying that the no one shall infringe upon it.

The constitution was not written to tell us what we, the people can and can’t do … it was written to tell government what it can and can’t do.

9 Likes

Interesting points dear JUAN40.

Maybe the Constitution is a mixture of rights, privileges, tells a story, and is a template of suggestions, such as a foundation. I look at in its context, place, and timeline. Comparing the size of the populous then, to now, in our complexity, I guess those forefathers could never have imagined.

One of the things which brings me warmth and comfort are the laws of my state, county, and city today – that allows me to purchase, own today.

A lot of people fought for those laws, over many years. Millions have, over 246 years. All laws stem from the sacrifice and work of those who created our country.

I don’t take my rights for granted, therefore I do feel privileged to have them. There are some in the U.S. who don’t have the same firearm legal rights as I do. I’m grateful to this nation.

2 Likes

I appreciate this take on the constitution. “a template”. It’s encouraging because it allows us to look at it and really treasure it as not just a document, but a statement of freedom.

2 Likes

What I believe and how our society enacts our ‘rights’ are in stark contrast. I think they are a ‘right’ and I realize not all ‘rights’ are absolute. That said, and to avoid too much conversation, I believe we as citizens have done much too little to ensure that our ‘rights’ are not eroded. At some point I think the only hope for us as a nation will be a convention of states whereby we can solve many of the ‘rights’ issues and invoke some new ones and clear up some rot that has turned gangrene.

1 Like

And yet everyday and every administration does just that.
They are desperately infringing on every part of my life and we’ll being. The pursuit is blocked!

Furthermore more, what the elected don’t understand is that it’s a privilege for them to serve me. WE THE PEOPLE have all the rights!
When the privileged elected turn on those with unalienable rights, that’s called tyranny.

In addition ( most elected need to read again ) …”That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent ( keyword ) of the governed, That whenever ( keyword) any Form of Government becomes destructive ( another keyword ) of these ends, it is the RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government.”
Read it closely and you’ll find that every single word is a key word.

This is an evil administration, I don’t care who’s running it from behind, they all need to be brought out into the light of day.

Reading on a bit more…”But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, ( there’s that word again ) it is their duty ( I assume “their” means us ) to throw off such Government.”

We were handed and born with an extreme amount of power which we haven’t been using! We’ve been using blogs, TikToks, Twitters, FaceFools and not the real instruments of our rights!

It’s funny to me that when I became a parent, there was no manual! However, and I speak about myself and the United State of America, two manuals were handed down to us, the Bible and the United States Constitution. The manual states…”to provide new Guards for their future security.”

Let’s not forget that the Declaration and the Constitution are our rights that we, as our forebearers fought till the death to preserve. I don’t see any preservation going on, except Ukraine for lack of a better example. Those people are fighting for the idea of freedom. We actually have a written document and it’s being torn apart by an administrative evil!
We are going down in flames they, will lie cheat and steal the 2022 elections and the 2024 elections, you heard it here first!

The young don’t have the courage and the old, we’ll, we just get to spout off now and then to anyone who will listen!

Thank God I won’t be around when the newly installed ( box being checked ) Supreme Court justice ( using the term loosely ) has the opportunity to throw our country into a whirlwind of chaos!

To the next generation of non binaries, good luck. I understand Chinese, Russian and Korean languages are hard to master! Just remember the international signal for “yes master” is getting on your knees!

2 Likes

I believe Rights are Rights.

I believe that requiring a permit to carry a firearm relegates it to the level of privilege.

I believe requiring a permit to carry, let alone requiring proof of training to get a permit to carry, is an infringement.

And as a practical matter, I know that requiring a permit, and requiring training, are not even helpful. We have decades of experience with tens of millions of people legally carrying without any required training, and now, these days, tons of building experience without even requiring a license at all…and it’s not a problem.

Nobody can point to it being safer to require either of those things (not that such a point would even matter, as the Rights protected by the Constitution are not contingent upon proving that having those Rights is “safer” for everyone anyway)

4 Likes

God,Guns and Glory, thanks for the 2nd Amendment as it is written

3 Likes

I totaly agree that we have the right to carry and my self to bare arms to protect our love ones from danger zone and it is my rights to protect the one and all of our citizens

2 Likes