Is Pre-Traumatic Stress Disorder a thing?

I used Pink Rhino 10mm training cartridge on ammo just now.

1 Like

Thank you. Since my first post on this topic, there have been several changes. For starters, I now have a 9mm to rely on instead of my .22lr that I didnā€™t feel was adequate. I also purchased a good gun belt and quality holster and have begun carrying everyday. Iā€™ve also been able to put some more time into dry fire and time at the range, along with expanding my knowledge through online training videos, including those from the USCCA. Now I feel more prepared since I have the tools and more training to fall back on.

8 Likes

@Venturous I have a framed sign on the door to my storage room ā€œI CAN SLEEP WHEN THE WIND BLOWSā€.
I try to live up to that every day, every trip to the store, every window, door and shingle on the roof.
The more you are prepared the more secure you will feel, and you will be able to sleep when the wind blows. :us:

2 Likes

Iā€™m late here. See if I can break it down for everyone to follow along. PTSD is a very very real thing, and anyone who denies it, needs to research About the 22 brothers and sisters I lose to it everyday. I am veteran, and Iā€™ve seen it first hand, Iā€™ve heard taps too many times for someone to insert just an opinion. With that being said, PTSD is an emotional feeling, that you donā€™t know you have. Most people that would fall into the PTSD category donā€™t know they would. The biggest misconceptions come from the broad spectrum of PTSD, as itā€™s not just for Veterans or War torn family members, just doing what they was told, for a reason unknown, in the name of Freedom, we was toldā€¦ off topic sorry! A car crash can give you PTSD, certainly defending your life, and subsequently taking one at the same time. PTSD is when you quietly start thinkingā€¦ Why me? Why do I deserve to live and He didnā€™t, not even considering the actions that proceeded. It is also, the emotional roller coaster of depression, anxiety, the forced answer, that everything is all rightā€¦ it doesnā€™t have to be nightmares or recounts of different scenarios. Itā€™s something that follows you everywhere, everyday, at every moment. It was a traumatic experience that changed, shaped, altered who you are, how you think, feel, talk for the rest of your life. That is PTSD my friend, in a non clinical, hillbilly from Tennessee terms and experiences. Hardest part is accepting it, learning from it, and using it to change your life or others in a positive manner. I call it taking a ā– ā– ā– ā–  sandwich and putting some nutella on it, chase it with a shot of Jack D, and carry on smartly.

This is very sincere, any one having thoughts or feelings or suicide. Please donā€™t hold it in, talk to someone. No matter what time or day, message me, Iā€™ll talk to you all day and night if you need. People do love you, sadly you donā€™t ever see who and how much when your gone. Iā€™ve been to more than I cry to remember. Thinking man, if they could only see all these people that cared.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Community @James_Trey

Your not late or wrong. PTSD is the mind being unable to cope with a stressful event, period!

The ā€œstressorā€ can occur as you say, to anyone.

Each individual deals with the same event or stressor differently.

It is by no means an issue of weakness, manliness, character. Help is available:

5 Likes

Yes it is. I was a Cop, Tac Ops and Detective and saw many things that in the end wore me down. Donā€™t stress however over what COULD happen in my opinion over a single possible incident. I had many extremely stressful incidentā€™s and cannot point my finger on ONE that caused my PTSD. Maybe I am wrong and the shrinks can, but I cannot. Yes, there are several that stick out in my mind, but in the end I feel it was just too many things over time.

While I am not a shrink, I would not stressing over the ā€œpossibiltyā€ of what COULD occur, but I would simply suggest going over scenarios in your head and study USCCA and other texts on shoot or donā€™t shoot scenarios. I always did this as a cop. On a traffic stop, as I was pulling someone over I would be looking for places to find cover if someone came out shooting etc. Sadly, we live in a world where we HAVE to do this.

There are many of us here in the USCCA that have had multiple experiences with what I will call serious situations, but I would guess that most here will never experience one, and those experiencing more that one (who are not first responders or the military) is highly unlikely. Once again, I am no shrink, but Isuggest that you prepare yourself mentally for what COULD occur, but donā€™t stress over it! Just my thoughts!

Scott

2 Likes

Ken38 I will just give KAZ Iā€™m a giver. Just one of my nightmares and the only thing to remember is to .SOME ONE WAKE YOU UP AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN ASLEEP FOR 30, MINUTES and that will make everything all better because you truly did not have it so bad and you will never be in my dreams ever again . Hell if ya donā€™t like me know you will hate me after you wake up from just one of my dreams . I am better I only have three a night so I am better so my pms is just fine since I stopped drinking . All better not sir thank you sir love :feather::feather::beer::popcorn::100::100::100::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::bangbang::us:

Itā€™s very very very REAL AND ITS MORE THAN 22. A DAY . Thatā€™s number is wrong very WRONG SIR. I PROMISE YOU ITS LOTS HIGHER THAN 22. A DAY MY GOD. LOVE BOBBY JEAN SIR :see_no_evil::feather::feather::us::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::100: