Is freedom of Speech the first freedom we are giving up?

@Jerome20 Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you here. :+1: :us:

The whole thing has kind of worn off for me. I’ve had it twice and been vaccinated. The worldwide death rate sits at a bit above 0.5% I chose to get the vaccine, but I’m not going to push anyone else into it.

4 Likes

As far as the techies,A solar flair of the correct intensity could cure it all. Would have to start all over. I heard someone say at some point there will no longer be Lan lines. Do they remember that at 911. That was the only thing still working to some extent

#1 Freedom of choice. #2 Most folks the real concern is that is it safe. # 3 does it really work

2 Likes

History, Constitution and Math are either not being taught or just not being absorbed. But answer the question. Yes all of our freedoms are systematically being eroded by 1000 cuts

4 Likes

Thank you Arnie. Good questions that need answers. 1. Some people have had reactions to the vaccine but it is very rare. 2. 95% of the people in the hospital or are dying from the covid did not receive the vaccine. 3. I am not in favor of mandates or carrying papers. However, imo, unless you have a valid reason not to get the vaccine, I think you are doing yourself and others a disfavor. I imagine the covid will be around for a long time and involve getting booster shots just like the flu. This pandemic is a disaster. I am very angry about what has happened. But we must protect ourselves and not let it be political.

2 Likes

on the vaccine… and NO I will NOT be getting it… pretty sure I already had the virus…

as to losing the first… it’s not so much losing it as having people with an agenda blocking it…

think what is needed is something like they did with land lines long ago…

something I have noticed is in some areas efforts are being made to bring them under control…

yet the courts have… of all things…

denied the laws to do so… as violating the blockers 1st amendment rights???

not real sure how that works?

1 Like

I get it all. It took quite a long time for me to get a flu shot and then later a pneumonia shot. The thing that still gets me and this is something that is affecting folks descisions are that for many years we go to the Doc and he or she tells us it is a virur No cure Just go home drink fluids and get plenty of rest. And now there is alot of disinformation alot of it is from CDC and their connects. Here in there is the problem. People need to know it works and it is safe. This we are not getting :us:

1 Like

Ya, the “experts” have screwed this up from the beginning with their guessing and waffling, no wonder people don’t trust them. The politicians have divided us for their gain and gotten everyone all riled up. This should be about people’s health not politics. The dems want to shut everything down and the reps want to open everything up. And don’t even get me started with the news media on both sides. There needs to be some middle ground we can all agree on and live with. I think this will be with us for a very long time. We need to learn to deal with it and at the same time let people get on with their lives.

Btw, it has been a pleasure talking with you.

2 Likes

Pleasure here also Sir!

If you have your friggin shots why are you worried about whether everyone else has had theirs?? First they say get your shots so you you can protect yourselves and others. Then they say we will mandate you get the shots to protect the vaccinated! HUH??? Isn’t that why you got a shot in the first place?? Why would vaccinated people need to be protected from unvaccinated people?? We have a total clown in the oval office who is getting deeper and deeper into his dementia! If you want the shot GET IT! If you don’t then DON’T! If people minded their own business they would find that they are way too busy minding their business than to worry about mine or anyone else’s! Oh and before you start, I’ve had both of my vaccines which, again, isn’t anyone’s business but my own!

5 Likes

I got both of my rabies shots back in June. Now I’m thinking I need a Dis-TEMPER shot because all this BS is p_____g me off.

6 Likes

Lost freedom of speech, lost right to defend oneself, lost dignity, lost honor, lost it all! Yeah, mandates works perfectly if you’re a tyrant or just want to become a tyrant. I have an idea, let’s limit people to one child per household, sounds like a really great idea to stop climate change, food shortages, oh wait, wait, I know, the first born male goes to the state.
We lost free speech the day someone came up with the idea of “political correctness”!
Save rare earth metals, mandate one iPhone per household, let’s set up some buy back programs, or put people in solitary for 2 years for each phone found during the “mandated” home searches and seizures!
What Fourth Amendment? Once the first goes, so shall the rest!
Be very careful what mandates you wish for.
These guys would tell you all about mandates, but death was mandated! Go figure! Tyrants know one thing, POWER.
This great country used to destroy tyrants, now we prop them up and soon they will be idolized.
FYI I’m not anti vaxx, I get my flu shot religiously! However, when everything is a lie, we’re does one find truth? No one has the right to shove something into my body!

5 Likes

Wear a mask to protect yourself… oops, we meant wear a mask to protect others.

Same tune, different record. And neither one does what it’s supposed to do.

3 Likes

I agree on not letting it be political, It just adds another angle to the problem.

This is why I meantioned in another comment about history not being taught and absorbed. Its going to be re lived for sure. To allow ourselves to be disarmed is a part of it also. All one has to do is study Hitler,Stalin and Mao, One of their early mandates is to disarm then convince the population its for their own good and protection.

3 Likes

Masks unless they are Military grade CBR equip are not airtight. Get tear gassed wearing one. it will instantly answer that question. If it gets to you it says that any virus also will. it will not even protect from a common cold

2 Likes

When my records started skipping, I threw them out! For those too young, those were the finest in music vinyl records, pure luxurious sound. Not compared to the fake ones being sold now! Shortly off topic, I sold a million dollars worth of vinyl in the mid 80’s, some signed some pressed in their original but rare colors. Every one of them is pristine condition, I never removed the clear cellophane or the inner sleeve. I did replace almost all of it in CD. Since the warranty is up on my hearing, I don’t even listen anymore, they just don’t sound the same!
We may be headed down a dark road, and strange days ahead but they won’t be able to take the crackle out of the Beatles, Bob Dylan, Donovan, Cream or Hendrix!
Communism has infiltrated the soul of America, that’s not vinyl you hear skipping, that’s freedom being scratched!
“So, bye bye, Miss American pie, drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee way dry…” I know you can hear it. 8 minutes, longest ever played on the radio! Until I installed the 8-track!
Keep your inner sleeve and may God continue to bless the USA!

2 Likes

Our 2 parties hate each other. If one says day the other says night. I think this all started to be visible in the 1990s. They will not listen to each other and there is no compromise on anything. Out country has become Balkanized. The news media is not interested in the truth, only what benefits their agendas. There is no agreement on common goals, principles, traditions and culture. It’s every group for themselves. It is not a recipe for success going forward. Loss of respect for others, no personal responsibility, no rule of law, etc. Anarchy, chaos and tyranny. I saw this coming years ago. 1984 is here. A slow slog to Gomorrah. I don’t know if there is a way to make it better or am I too pessimistic and missing a more favorable future?

4 Likes