Is Dueling Legal? Ep. 6.373

3 Likes

@RocketPak So the USCCA wouldn’t cover dueling? I better stop then. Thanks!

5 Likes

No dueling??? I’m sorry, but some situations definitely require a demand for satisfaction!

3 Likes

“I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.”

• Autobiography of Mark Twain

:grinning:

7 Likes

I may not understand correctly, but I believe dueling was, bottom line, a matter of honor. I think there are better ways to settle matters of honor, but I also believe honor is in seriously short supply these days and the world would be a little better place if that wasn’t the case…honor is everything.

5 Likes

I find it quite unique in the situation of a duel. I duel with my wife daily, she sometimes wins. But if it came down to a duel, it will be in my home or property or in a unique situation that requires me to defend my person or your person. Either or, my duty is to defend my family. The second amendment requires that I have proven my life or limb is threatened. Imminent danger. I am going to die, so all the garbage on dueling is mute indeed. I will protect or will fight with fists to protect life and limb. But to say lets fight, I feel is ok as long as it is private and away from the law. The old days we would just fight it out in our back yards privately. Some folks do need a but kicking indeed!

2 Likes

Not only is dueling legal, it’s an Olympic sport. Unfortunately, the Europeans tend to win.

1 Like

When my buddies get crazy, they dual with paint ball guns. Fun times.

1 Like

Dueling these days isn’t done with pistols, but with Attorneys. :rofl:

3 Likes