Intel on whats going on where you are

So i am new here just got my membership about 30 mins ago. So hello everyone and nice to be here. I am a truck driver so i am all over the USA, but i wanted to ask how are things where you are? I am headed to Los Angleas tomorrow and would like to know if anyone has intel on the situation there? I dont want to find myself in a crapstorm if you know what i mean.

15 Likes

Be careful where ever you go brother all I can say is I’m in VA and they have protest going on. They are breaking the confederate statues and acting disorderly. Welcome to the community brother.

3 Likes

Johnnyq60 man im sorry to hear that. I almost feel like this is the begining to the end of days my mom and dad always talked about. IM trying to keep my head on a swivel where ever i go, but if they stop traffic im a 80,000lb sitting duck. Thanks for the welcome!

7 Likes

Get a police scanner, if you don’t already have one. I assume your CB network would also be informative. Maintain situational awareness, and don’t get trapped in a bottleneck.

10 Likes

Use the smith system and you will never be caught unawares… my bud goes to LA every week he hasn’t had any issues. Im keeping closer to home so I can protect my family.

8 Likes

What’s that?

3 Likes

Thomas681 good advise and thx for the intel.

Hayser i got my CB ready to roll everyday, i will look inot a scanner too though.

iamteeg, the smith system is a defensive way or driving that will help you see problems in advance.

9 Likes

@Jason98 You might consider one of the free online crime-mapping services:

https://www.crimemapping.com/

This gives you a birds-eye view and it looks like LA is a happening place. Safe travels…

9 Likes

Jeff thank you I didn’t even know there was something like this out there. I will be putting this to use.

3 Likes

@Jason98 I admire your occupation. You keep our economy flowing. I drive the I-95 corridor everyday in NoVA and it puts more years on me than my actual work. Stay safe brother.

4 Likes

Put God first and everything else will work itself out.

4 Likes

Well avoid I-65 throughout the area just north of Birmingham.

4 Likes

I’m sorry you have to go to that communist country :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Welcome to the community! Safe travels!

3 Likes

If time doesn’t allow for you to get a radio before your trip, at least download the radio scanner app for your phone.

4 Likes

I don’t drive big Rigs or even little ones but The Smith System is good info for anyone that drives at all. Okay, I do have a small rig…2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Diesel long-bed. Drive safe and godspeed.

4 Likes

LA has had a great response in making sure Nat’l Guard troops are positioned and in place to deter any further rioting with law enforcement in place with enough support as well.

There are still protests here and there but the civil unrest has not been occurring.

Crime has increased with homicides and gunshot victims up.

Definitely scan the la county sheriffs and LAPD channels and use the crime map apps.

5 Likes

If you get thru southern Idaho, and need a safe place to park, PM me as we have lots of truck parking. AND join us to shoot on our range!

5 Likes

Ken your right it seems very quiet. I delivered in irwindale and went down to carson to pick up.

3 Likes

Right on Johnny. I got to have a talk withone of the guards where i pickedup from, we talked about jesus for at least 20-30 mins. It was amazing.

3 Likes

That is awesome SKI.
Sadly this company dont go up higher then I-40.

1 Like