In Defense of Patriotism | USCCA

A few months ago, my three children attended a BamaCarry meeting with my husband and me. We heard a great message from Greg Hopkins — author, lawyer and pro-Second-Amendment advocate — who shared about the dangers of “red flag” laws. I realize that my kids don’t really know what’s going on. Thus, they weren’t fully interested in the event, but they enjoyed eating dinner with and being around fellow 2A supporters. And what made me really proud was when we all stood up to say the Pledge of Allegiance. My children joined right in. And with her hand on her heart and facing the stars and stripes, my 6-year-old daughter was probably the loudest one in the group, saying the pledge clearly and proudly.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/in-defense-of-patriotism/
1 Like

At what age do you introduce your children to different political situations?

Unfortunately, those who hate the Pledge of Allegiance, or who think it should not be recited and advocate for disdain directed at the nation’s flag, are part of the Intolerant Tolerant Left.

Some may be brought back from the edge of insanity with reasoned discussion and education, but many are simply filled with hate,… hate for the freedom and liberty we have, our rights, the nation, and the rule of law, and blame all the ills of the world on the nation that has provided freedom, liberty and opportunity to them and many others.

There is evidence that ‘get them young, and influence their minds’ is more than accurate as far too many learn to hate their nation in school and far too many parents are busy trying to provide for their family or with their own concerns and do not spend enough time with their children, to undo the indoctrination of those on the left.