Impact Weapons

ASP may still be the one to get - shop online, and buy the best quality available - they’re also pricey.

As with any weapon get proper training, there is much more to it then just swinging it at someone.
In my younger days we did Riot Control Training and I got to train with MSP and COs,(Conservation Officers) I got to play Red Man. Very intense and painful training.

1 Like

I keep a survival knife in the console of my truck plus a piece of 3/4 inch cpvc pipe filled with grout by the drivers seat.

1 Like

Yes Sir, I believe training is crucial! After 36+ years of martial arts training, time spent in Japan & Korea practicing different disciplines. Along with all the free training Uncle Sam would provide me. I find that often the more you learn and think you know the less you actually do.

Thank you for the videos they were very helpful. It truly is surprising how much one learns when wearing that red suit!

Stay safe and keep training.

2 Likes

One impact weapon that always interested me was the Monadnock control baton, which I see now in an expandable version. I believe this was developed from a karate weapon - the handle off a grist mill.

2 Likes

I remember when cars had telescopic radio antennas - in a pinch, you could snap it off and use it like a whip.

1 Like

LOL. I do not doubt it, Seems many weapons had their origins from hand tools. From hammer to War Hammer. Necessity is the Mother of Invention. Man is an inventive bugger. :hammer:

2 Likes

You can use it to break car windows, hold it in your hand, place your hand against the window at one end, pull the tip back and let it go.

1 Like

Doesn’t it swell up sometimes? ( can’t help myself sometimes)

2 Likes

The weapon I was thinking about is a tonfa - the handle used to crank and turn a millstone . Nunchucks were developed from the rice flail. After Japan occupied Okinawa, they forbid the residents weapons, so the Okinawans improvised weapons from farm tools, and eventually karate.

2 Likes

Sorry, word is mispelled, it is suppose to be grout, the kind you use on wall tile.

1 Like

Or Groot. Good wooden weapon.

3 Likes

Hmmm so serious. Logical. You’ll do well here. & no need to be sorry.

and might be very painful

1 Like

I think attending the Tanya Harding school of self-defense is a great idea that can teach you how to take out your opponent’s knee quick and clean.

1 Like