I'm not a STUPID farmer!

17 Likes

Just goes along with that guy from Berzerkly that said the middle of the country should be liquidated as we don’t need them… sigh.

I come from a long line of farmers. Funny thing is all the men (and most of the women) had college degrees. My cousin runs a huge farm and has a Masters in Ag. My father was a Civil Engineer, his brother a Mechanical Engineer, and I did the tech thing and work with big data systems disaster recovery. Yet we all farm/ranch. I may have lost my ranch, but that does not mean I am not still a rancher at heart. Great people.

Probably 20 years ago now, I met this guy. He was not the brightest but nice as heck. His son ran the business side of things, the father ran the heavy equipment. I had them hired to do some foundation work etc around the place. I have never seen a guy that can run a machine like he did. Fast and accurate. We need more like him.

7 Likes

John Deere 3020 would make his head spin

8 Likes

I spent a few days every summer for a while as a kid with my Uncle, who was a farmer. It always amazed me the variety of things he could do, and how problems just got ‘solved’ so thing could be done. Never saw him in a bad mood.

6 Likes

Very nice Fred. Sounds like you have good memories.
I drive the tractor doing all sorts of stuff with my first grandson on my lap.
He’s 2 and loves going to see Pappy!

(Maybe based on MBloomberg, we’re at the same mentality level?)

PS: As you can see I got angry again, all the radio talk guys today were playing his ignorant elitist clip again today.

5 Likes

JD 3032 here, box blade, shredder, grapple, bucket, auger.

6 Likes

I mean we are talking about this group who are cutting each others throat [I know its politics but still…Watch this clip from the debate]

1 Like

Its almost emabarrising watching these Americans talk.

Whatever dirt you have throw it. && I though to wanna take on politics and I’ve change my mind for how dirty it is now.

6 Likes

All that happened here was that Bloomberg displayed his massive ignorance and arrogance.

I don’t want this idiot to be elected, because he is massively ignorant, too stupid to realize it, and because he has tyrannical tendencies. Mostly the tyrannical tendencies, though.

We do not need politicians who think they have the right to tell us how to live. They do not get to rule us.

10 Likes

After having read 15 or so comments about Bloomberg and his flippant and arrogant commentary about “farmers ignorance”, I must ask this question. I may be going out on a limb here but how in the world did you vote for the bald -faced lying, narcissistic, womanizing, self serving,entitled, orange colored meat sack like Donald J Trump?

2 Likes

@Brian66
We have a pretty good community here, still leans right IMO but we all try to stay respectful. I don’t personally care for Mr. Trump, previously of the Drumpfs, however in order to nurture and maintain the wonderful community we have here, i would suggests not resorting to insults…just some friendly advice…carry on

8 Likes

With that you just described every modern day politician.

3 Likes

That’s why study Pre-Law/Major: Government and wanted to be somebody in government but, I’ll stick to being a lawyer like my role models @Tom_Grieve and @MikeBKY.

1 Like

Glad to have you here @Brian66!

@Ben_Blanc is right, we keep the Community a respectful environment that includes no name-calling of anyone here or outside of the Community.

I’m not a fan of anyone - politician or otherwise - who is unethical. Personally, I think we all need to take the high road and encourage others to do the same in all situations.

We’re all human and make mistakes, it’s how we pick ourselves up and grow from those mistakes that shows the true people we are.

7 Likes

What she said!

Glad to have you hear too @Brian66!

4 Likes

As you can tell I don’t trust politicians. I can’t decide who I trust more a politician or a used car salesman.
At the end of the day you have to choose which one matches your beliefs the best. Even then it’s a coin toss.

2 Likes

I remember back in the 60s (boy am I dated, LOL) I was asked where the ham was grown when some students from the local college. They thought that it was grown out of the ground like corn does. I asked them if they though corn was already in the can so all someone had to do was pick it off and place it in the store. Oh, they were from Chicago and LA. Goes to show how a lot of people don’t know how their food gets to the store or how it is grown.

6 Likes

I bought a can of creamed corn today, dug a three foot deep hole, poured the contents of the can into the hole, covered it back up with dirt, not soil, poured some Gatorade with electrolytes on it, and sat down in a chair to watch it grow…

4 Likes

I know exactly how hard it is to fill a 5 gal bucket with blackberries- it would take Gma, me, and two cousins to fill two 5 gal buckets each for her jam every year. And later on in summer, there was the scuppernong jelly, so off we went again.

3 Likes

I suppose in your mind, Trump has done nothing for America, it’s citizens and it’s farmers? Our economy just fixed itself after Obama ruined it?

6 Likes