Illinois Concealed Carry License Taking Questionably Long Time

I hear you Andrew, and many others in our community. This hits home for me, and my family, us “all” being neighbors, and a family member of mine also taking a pre CCL class.

I think things will improve with CCL’s over time. You might be ahead of the game per se. You got yours in, you stuck it out. I remember when I took my pre CCL course, how it sent me on a huge learning journey and hobby. Using my own down time - studying up on this lifestyle.

I’m still surprised by how much the Pandemic has affected normalcy.

Any luck yet receiving a response or phone call back from them via email my friend? Wishing you the best.

1 Like

I was a first time FOID applicant last year, put in the request on 6/2 and it took me 89 days to get my first FOID card. So if first time applicants are taking that long…

Still no luck I spent about an hour or so on hold the other day but I am a college student too in the middle of a critical semester so it is difficult mid semester to find the time to ride their butts you know? I will continue to try to contact them and pester them to at least encourage some change in the future. I think the right people to pester are the people making the legislation because they have the unique position to fix these sorts of problems.

Just an update: I am still waiting on it getting processed and coming up on day 200 now. Wouldn’t be surprised if a year came and went.

I just checked the ISP website and it shows that they have finally issued both my new FOID and my CCL. It only took them 415 days. I’m glad that they finally issued them but being that it took 415 days to get them to issue them, I wonder how long it will take them to actually mail them to me.

4 Likes

:sweat_smile:
Perhaps it’s time to apply for renewal? :wink:

Just kidding… but I’m glad you have finally gotten both documents !

1 Like

FONALLY! Congratulations. Now to change your residence to a gun/2A friendly state.

1 Like

Glad to hear it Kayle! I’m sure you’ll have it in hand inside of 2 weeks at the most.

1 Like

We are trying but money keeps getting in the way and this crappy state keeps taking more and more every time I turn around.

I sure hope so. It had been way too long of a wait for them to finally do their job and issue it. I wonder if they will email me to let me know it has been issued or if it will just show up in the mail.

1 Like

LOL, probably should.

1 Like

I did not receive an email. It just showed up in the mail 15 days after the website said it was issued. Christmas fell in that span, so that likely affected it.

1 Like

Applied for CCL Dec 2020, also paid for FOID renew at same time. I didn’t know nor received a paper application until I checked my status online in Feb 2021. Husband applied for FOID at the same time and received his late Feb. So I finally got someone in Springfield, who mailed the paper application to me. They received my completed copy March 1st. Last Friday, I received 2 separate envelopes containing paper FOID applications…so…again I’m in back of the line! Super frustrating!!

1 Like

Oh ok :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

It’s the system there taking long, I been waiting on a renew on my foid card and it’s been 14 months and still waiting

1 Like

I have new information about my application. After applying in August of 2020 I had to wait 200 days for ISP to tell me that I was rejected because I had submitted the wrong information with the application and they told me I had 60 days to send the correct information or I would be outright refused. So I looked it over and decided I must have put the wrong information somewhere and rewrote the information on my application and resubmitted it. Now close to the end of the 60 days I get an email from my instructor telling me that HE supplied me with an out dated certification of completion and attached the updated one to the email. That would be fine if only he had sent it before I had resubmitted the wrong one. I have already waited 200 days for the first one to be rejected, now I fear I may have to wait another 200 days for the second to be rejected too which means I will have to resubmit and endure a third 200 day wait for my approval. I sent ISP an email requesting the current application be fixed but I doubt they will respond at all. What should I do? I am out of ideas.

2 Likes

Illinois State Police
Firearms Services Bureau
801 South 7th Street
Suite 400 – M
Springfield, Illinois 62703
Telephone: 217-782-7980
Fax: 217-782-9139

ISP.AskFOIDandCCL@illinois.gov

Road Trip???

Good luck.

3 Likes

Solution: move to a gun friendly state.

2 Likes

Try dropping a message to the moderator Molly B on this board. Forums - IllinoisCarry.com

She does good work. I forget how I got in touch with her. I think posting abilities are limited for new members. I may have sent an email to their contact spokesperson.

2 Likes

As soon as I get out of school and possibly grad school I will move to a gun friendly state. I used to live in Georgia when I was really young I miss it. Always felt like it was home.

4 Likes