Illinois Assault weapons ban

(Temporarily) blocked!
Illinois Judge Temporarily Blocks Assault-Weapons Ban - WSJ

Judge Joshua Morrison of Effingham County Circuit Court in southeastern Illinois granted a temporary restraining order against implementing the law in a lawsuit brought on behalf of hundreds of plaintiffs on the grounds that the legislative maneuvers used to pass the law were unconstitutional.

“The defendants in this case did not follow the procedural requirements necessary for this legislation to stand up to the strict scrutiny that is required when restricting rights to avoid definitional irreparable harm,” Judge Morrison said in the ruling.

Mr. Pritzker said in a statement that he wasn’t surprised by the ruling and that he remained confident the law would stand.

4 Likes

And they mean even less to the criminal.

2 Likes

It’s unfortunate that lives are lost to the tragic misuse of AR 15 style firearms. The real facts are that the guns that kill the most people are handguns. The banned guns won’t deter most criminal action. Illinois would do better by controlling who has a gun. Keep firearms locked up and FUND the police.

3 Likes

Guns don’t kill people.

6 Likes

Happy Birthday @David237 :tada::confetti_ball::birthday: enjoy your day!

4 Likes

OMG! WHOA?!!! {{{{{THANK YOU!!!}}}} :rofl: :joy: :blush: :innocent: I’M SO GRATEFUL!!!

I AM RARELY SURPISED BY MUCH, BUT THIS… Thank you so, so much… This was certainly unexpected. You’ve definitely won my eternal friendship @Adam34!

:partying_face: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :birthday:

Only in :us: Many times, thank you…

2 Likes

IMO. I don’t think that the Illinois ban has anything to do with “Public Safety” . It’s about control…

3 Likes

Happy Birthday @David237. Enjoy :grin::pill::sparkler:

3 Likes

Happy Birthday @David237, I hope you have a terrific day!

4 Likes

Happy Birthday @David237

Enjoy your day!

4 Likes

Happy Birthday @David237

5 Likes

Thank you all for being gracious with your sentiments and sharing in my joy. I am deeply moved. I had forgotten that I input that information into the system! Imagine my surprise when I received these expressions! Made me all warm and fuzzy, thanks again.

5 Likes

Who else got paid to wish him a happy birthday raise your hand?:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

:raised_hand:

Not saying I did or not :joy:. I could be being robbed

6 Likes

Nah, your value is appropriately compensated. We all appreciate your input on these threads. :sunglasses:

3 Likes