Illinois Assault weapons ban

(Temporarily) blocked!
Illinois Judge Temporarily Blocks Assault-Weapons Ban - WSJ

Judge Joshua Morrison of Effingham County Circuit Court in southeastern Illinois granted a temporary restraining order against implementing the law in a lawsuit brought on behalf of hundreds of plaintiffs on the grounds that the legislative maneuvers used to pass the law were unconstitutional.

“The defendants in this case did not follow the procedural requirements necessary for this legislation to stand up to the strict scrutiny that is required when restricting rights to avoid definitional irreparable harm,” Judge Morrison said in the ruling.

Mr. Pritzker said in a statement that he wasn’t surprised by the ruling and that he remained confident the law would stand.

5 Likes

And they mean even less to the criminal.

3 Likes

It’s unfortunate that lives are lost to the tragic misuse of AR 15 style firearms. The real facts are that the guns that kill the most people are handguns. The banned guns won’t deter most criminal action. Illinois would do better by controlling who has a gun. Keep firearms locked up and FUND the police.

6 Likes

Guns don’t kill people.

8 Likes

Happy Birthday @David237 :tada::confetti_ball::birthday: enjoy your day!

5 Likes

OMG! WHOA?!!! {{{{{THANK YOU!!!}}}} :rofl: :joy: :blush: :innocent: I’M SO GRATEFUL!!!

I AM RARELY SURPISED BY MUCH, BUT THIS… Thank you so, so much… This was certainly unexpected. You’ve definitely won my eternal friendship @Adam34!

:partying_face: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :birthday:

Only in :us: Many times, thank you…

3 Likes

IMO. I don’t think that the Illinois ban has anything to do with “Public Safety” . It’s about control…

6 Likes

Happy Birthday @David237. Enjoy :grin::pill::sparkler:

4 Likes

Happy Birthday @David237, I hope you have a terrific day!

5 Likes

Happy Birthday @David237

Enjoy your day!

5 Likes

Happy Birthday @David237

6 Likes

Thank you all for being gracious with your sentiments and sharing in my joy. I am deeply moved. I had forgotten that I input that information into the system! Imagine my surprise when I received these expressions! Made me all warm and fuzzy, thanks again.

6 Likes

Who else got paid to wish him a happy birthday raise your hand?:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

:raised_hand:

Not saying I did or not :joy:. I could be being robbed

6 Likes

Nah, your value is appropriately compensated. We all appreciate your input on these threads. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That’s surprising…
I read this “Protect Illinois Communist Act HB5471”… I mean “Protect Illinois Communities Act HB5471”… and couldn’t find anything about MOA size or Optic’s Distance limitation… :upside_down_face:
Did I miss something? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thank you so much for your recent order for:

Ordered:
28Y-RD-HOL209-HE508T-GR-X2 Holosun HE508T-GR-X2 Green Dot Sight, 1x, 2 MOA Dot & 32MOA Circle, Black, HE508T-GR-X2

We apologize for the delay in processing your order.

Governor JB Pritzker officially signed the Protect Illinois Communities Act HB5471 (Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for HB5471) into law on January 10th, 2023, and it is effective immediately for the entire state of Illinois. We are complying with this new regulation, and it is impacting various aspects of our business. We are working around the clock to address this new law.

As a result of this new law, our Illinois-based consumer transactions may be put on hold, delayed, or cancelled while we continue implementing the necessary new processes that will allow us to return to our timely processing that you expect. We understand that the processing slow-down may cause inconvenience and we thank you for your understanding.

:person_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

YGTBSM

IMO your optic should not be delayed by the law but possibly by an over abundance of scared shitless!

6 Likes

I just returned from a local gun show where everything was on display with signs that said some items were not available to Illinois residents.

I was able to buy 10 round magazines for my AR. Just in case the law is not overturned.

6 Likes

Optics Planet?

1 Like