IFAIK and beyond

Unsure if this belongs here, but what are some good recommendations for kits. Looking at individual, car, house. We will be traveling some more and want to have something in both cars. The one in the car would be for bug-out as well. TIA

6 Likes

Take a look at https://darkangelmedical.com/ If it is going to be in your car you may want to go with something more than a IFAK. My IFAK is small enough to carry in an ankle cuff. But in my truck I have a bigger first-aid kit that covers humans and dogs.

9 Likes

Thanks! I will be watching their training vids. Any other good sources for intro first aid?

3 Likes
7 Likes

@BryanWM DoomandBloom.com has many good ideas and kits as well. Dr. Alton and his N.P. wife Amy Alton do training vids and kits. :+1:
Lots of good stuff on You Tube.

6 Likes

My individual IFAK is about the size of a grooming kit, just clip to my waist with a carabineer, one in my car is about briefcase size, and home is a closet.

I could go on and on but at the very minimum I would have
Tourniquet
Chest seal w/vent
Clotting agent
Israeli battle bandage
Tape
Guaze
Alcohol wipes

WPS has a pretty good one for a not bad price.

6 Likes

Another vote for Dark Angel Medical. I’d also add MyMedic, RapidMedical (the folks that make RATS tourniquets), and LiveTheCreed.

I usually will have a compact trauma kit, with the bare essentials to stop the bleed. I used to carry Dark Angel Medical’s “Pocket D.A.R.K. “MINI” Trauma Kit”, but I switched to LiveTheCreed’s “EDC Pocket Trauma Kit”. Both are small and fit in a pocket.

I often have a backpack with me, that also carries an “ouch pouch” or basically first aid like bandaids, in addition to trauma supplies. The car has a similar trauma/medical/ouch kit.

7 Likes

Don’t forget duck tape. Great for field expedient splinting as well as other uses.

7 Likes

This is my EDC Carry bag, any time I leave the vehicle I try to have it on. :+1:

6 Likes

Here are a few other threads that might help, @BryanWM:

https://community.usconcealedcarry.com/t/suggestion-for-ifak-kit/15421https://community.usconcealedcarry.com/t/pocket-dump-ifak/7072

5 Likes

Here is a Good one! Sheep dog response is an awesome resource!!! The founder is tim kennedy ( a USCCA partner) that is the only was I even found out about him.

So, many good suggestion on this thread!!

4 Likes

I just checked out the ankle ifak thread @Dawn suggested. Definitely worth the time!

2 Likes

@BRUCE26
I see peppermints. Is that to help prevent panic attacks or just the regular nerves of first responders? And, what are the meds in the bottle?
I have seen the nerves of first responders come out just enough to see. All of a sudden they were human! I have not thought of them the same since. And, I am so glad!

3 Likes

Please what does IFAK mean?

2 Likes

Yup just comfort food, love my peppermints. :heart: The bottle has ibuprofen, Tylenol, Aleeve, Benadryl and I also carry anti-diarrheai and antibiotics. :+1:

4 Likes

Individual First Aid Kit. :+1:

4 Likes

We could all tell you some stories’ some good, mostly bad. :anguished:

1 Like

LIke TEOTWAWKI (the end of the world as we know it).

Thank you Bruce26

3 Likes

individual first aid kit

1 Like

@BRUCE26
There is something to be learned from every situation!
All stories are welcomed. If not in thread then pm.

3 Likes