If you could only own firearms from one brand

Or to put it another way-
$80/ month for ammo I don’t get to shoot, sucks.
Not buying myself a gun yet this year, really sucks.
Knowing the women I love can defend themselves, put food on the table, & back me up if(WHEN) SHTF-
Makes it all worth it!

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Kevin244

1 Like

2 of my 22 are Springfields, and they are 2 of my favorites. M1a Scout and a Range Officer.

No way can I play this “one manufacturer” game. :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m partial to Sig Sauer. I like the feel of the trigger and I can train with it up at Sig in Epping, NH which is only around 30 minutes away. I hail from MA and so at Sig I can use their “freedom” magazines while training rather than my MA compliant 10 round mags.

2 Likes

Ruger.

2 Likes

My Sig collection has just doubled thanks to picking up a P220 at a price I couldn’t refuse. My first DA/SA pistol. Gonna take some time getting used to two different trigger pulls but they both sure do feel nice. Looking forward to hitting the range with it later this week.

2 Likes

Gorgeous gun. Enjoy it!

2 Likes

I just added to my Ruger collection as well with an LCP Max. Couldn’t be more different than the Sig P220. A tiny light double stack .380 and a big heavy single stack .45. Completely different tools for different jobs but I am very happy with both.

I am glad we live in a world with a lot of great firearm manufacturers that we are free to choose from!

6 Likes

I tried to pick out a favorite. Tried real hard. Now I understand the concept of “impossible”.

4 Likes

I’m going with a little known brand; JANZ and their type E-S changeable caliber revolver.

2 Likes

I have an older P220 and had the factory install the SRT (short reset trigger). What an improvement!

3 Likes

Need to introduce them to reloading.

2 Likes

Mine is a newer production model. The reset seems pretty short but could probably afford to be a hair shorter since there is still a little bit of take up before you hit the wall after the reset.

1 Like

Is “Daisy” a legitimate choice?

7 Likes

HK. A large percentage of my arsenal are HK products.

3 Likes

I couldn’t do it. I try before I buy and make sure it feels just right. Something I’m comfortable with like my favorite worn pair of jeans. I own Colt, Ruger, Springfield Armory, Smith & Wesson, Marlin, and Winchester. Each was bought for a specific purpose and with certain features. I like each one equally but for different reasons. Kinda like the old, “which gun is best” articles, I’ve tried some of the most highly rated and did not like them, and some of the worst rated and really liked them. Reliability is first, if they are equal in reliability then its just what feels right. It can’t be explained, it has to be experienced, and its different for each person. Once its in your hands you’ll know. A good example is my Ruger. My trophy wife bought me a Ruger LC9 for Christmas, loved the way it felt in hand, the weight and the balance. Absolutely hated the trigger pull (the length of travel to fire, the length of release travel to reset, and the weight). Ruger took heed to the customer complaints on the trigger and came out with the LC9S striker fire with a shorter, lighter trigger. I absolutely love it. I routinely cycle in and out my LC9S, my Hellcat, and my Shield as my EDC.

2 Likes

Agree, my safe would be pretty empty if I could only keep one brand and had to get rid of the rest.

But it is interesting to see how some manufactures try to offer a very broad range of products while others specialize in just one or two categories. Also interesting to see how some shooters have very narrow needs and/or loyalties while others have broader needs/interests.

2 Likes

Smith and Wesson would cover all my needs, I currently have 3, would hate to let my Kimber 1911 go though.

4 Likes

I would have to go with FN. They make military grade rifles and they make quality pistols, it’s hard not to like them.

2 Likes

Saw a vid on that JANZ revolver the other night, prepper vid on YouTube, and it was the gun the guru picked. 4 caliber changeover iirc.

2 Likes