If not a RIFLE, why not?

Not who you asked, but, I’m rocking a Benelli M4 and it’s been grand

3 Likes

It’s a GForce GFY-1 12ga. Manufacturer recommends a 50 round break in with loads over 1350 fps, then it should run anything. I did that and it still wouldn’t cycle sub 1300 reliably. I took it apart and polished all the fiction surfaces. The cheaper Turkish production shotguns tend to have a lot of burrs that they don’t polish off after machining. Now it runs everything I put through it smooth as butter. It’s a boatload of fun to run #8 target loads through!

2 Likes

Because I use a shotgun. Easier to explain 9 holes.

2 Likes

12 gauge 1 1/2 oz. Copper jacket slug
What yah think of that?

3 Likes

I have some of the Brenneke 3" 1 1/2 oz. slugs, I found 2 boxes at a Gun show and snapped them up.

3 Likes

Same. I think I have something stupid like 3 of them left, and then some 2 3/4" green lightning/special forces short, “short magnum”, they were a little easier to find

1 Like

Nice, I’ve always loved the design and action on the Benelli. I have champagne tastes on PBR budget. It would take me some time to convince myself to get it. :laughing:

I’ve seen these before. I might have to look closer. More in line with my PBR budget.

1 Like

I too have champagne tastes on a PBR budget. Good thing I happen to like PBR! Hahaha

1 Like

Speaking of rifles. :rofl:

Because my house isn’t over 100 yards long I grab the 9mm next to the bed in the hand safe and go grab my pistol grip shotgun in the office with low recoil winchester rounds. Steal whatever you want downstairs but if you hit the bottom creak the stairs to come up, without light or vision, it’s over.

1 Like

Why does 100 yards make the decision for you?

2 Likes

My house has two yards: front and back.
Sorry, I haven’t taken my meds, today.

3 Likes

Welcome back @David235, thanks for posting.

Because rifles are not designed for close range shooting, except in cop/arnold shows, and stub nose pistols for long range in lethal weapon.

1 Like

Designed for it or not, they are more effective at it than pistols

3 Likes

Not at close ranges if you shooting a tiny tiny 223 bullet.

I kind of know what you’re referring to. I always had more trouble with the 50m targets than the 250m targets. Something about the way the bullet leaves the barrel, especially if you’re at an unequal elevation. Barring a movie-style hostage situation, though, I’m still taking the shot. :wink:

1 Like

That tiny .223 bullet going around about 3,000 FPS has far more energy than a handgun, and is far more effective at immediately stopping an attacker than a pistol round.

Example test (bit old) from one of my favorite YouTubers

2 Likes

So does a cannon, the AR-15 is not the answer to every problem but certainly use what you feel comfortable with. Kind of same reason why there’s a plethora of 1911’s for sale test fired once, certainly better within 20 feet as designed when you throw it at them.

Mossberg’s Maverick 88. All of the functionality, none of the hype. Base price around $250. Price as shown about $400.

5 Likes