Idaho girl, 11, brings AR-15 rifle to gun legislation hearing

7 Likes

I bet that tested the effectiveness of some people’s deodorant.

7 Likes

I support his logic but I must question his methods. Does this make us look responsible or crazy? I don’t know.

3 Likes

Loud and proud! :wink: :trumpet:

4 Likes

Being quiet and meek is why we are where we are.

6 Likes

Her and her father exercised their 2A rights responsibly. There were no laws broken, threats made, or negligent discharges… it all seems responsible to me.

7 Likes

Idaho must allow OC in government buildings.

4 Likes

I retired in Idaho for a reason, proud of my State and their full support of the 2nd Amendment.

7 Likes

Using children for political purpose is not a good thing. From the left, or from the right. For good cause or not. IMO, inappropriate solely because it is a child.

2 Likes

I would argue using children for “your” political purpose is the bad thing.

5 Likes

Also MSM will spin this ad nauseum.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

I thought it was cute and sweet! I could had cried just because we have a great citizen that is a child and knows what to do with that if she needs to defend people there.

I bet you she would be quick to take down a bad guy there if one decided to try something crazy… :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

“I bet that tested the effectiveness of some people’s deodorant.” HAHAHAHAHA

3 Likes

I don’t think the media will even look at this article considering the state and legality of it.

I do agree that the snakes are for sure looking for easy prey though.

1 Like

I have been and continue teaching my non-adult son’s both to be responsible with any and all firearms. It warms my heart to see other parents doing the same. This parent has also decided to teach his daughter to be vocal in the political arena pertaining to our 2A rights. That is amazing! I have not gone so far myself yet for fear of any reprisals against my family. Our state, MN, is quite a bit more liberal than Idaho. Still this story encourages me to consider moving more in that direction.

Pertaining to those that think it makes us look crazy to openly carry an AR-15 into such a scenario. Is it a stunt? Maybe a little. However, it does garner attention and we need people on the other side to see the general public has nothing to fear from a rifle openly carried by an obviously responsible citizen, regardless of age. As was the exact point of the father in this story.

3 Likes

That was perfectly legal by the State law. She threatened no one. She did not mishandle the weapon. She had a family member with her who was of age. Why is this a problem? If someone wants to make a big deal out of this, they would probably wet themselves and call the cops if a grade school kid chewed his Pop Tart into the shape of a sideways ‘L’ (or gun).

Both of my boys were hunting with me by the time they were 11. Both knew how to handle handguns, rifles, shot guns and black powder rifles by that age. Neither were allowed to have their shot guns without an adult present. More kids should be raised that way.

5 Likes

Many that are opposed to firearms cannot understand teaching a child firearm safety and how to shoot. Many of us here probably learned as children, some at very young ages, firearm safety and how to shoot. I had a bb gun at 5 years old and learned to shoot my father’s .22 rifle at, I believe, six or seven. He also had an unlocked cabinet full of rifles and shotguns. We children knew better than touch them when he wasn’t around - it wasn’t the firearms we feared.

I agree that OC on a daily basis is not necessarily the best method. But in certain situations, like this referenced legislative hearing, it is a good venue to show that we do carry, and that there are more of us than these anti-rights people are aware of. I also carry OC at most events when representing rights groups I belong to. We need to show people that the object isn’t the thing to be afraid of. A paper weight is just a paper weight until someone uses it to do harm - the same with firearms.

Getting people accustomed to seeing firearms will help our cause more than harm. I also agree that ostentatious displays of rifles in certain places, such as walking on a sidewalk in a city wearing body armor, etc., will not aid us in our cause. The debate will always be in what places we believe it is “reasonable” to do so.

Unfortunately, we have allowed our rights to be eroded so far, we have a difficult “up-hill battle to fight” to re-establish our inalienable rights. The news media loves to project various negative stereo-types upon firearm owners. We need to reclaim “normalcy”.

Belief in our inalienable rights was fundamental to the founding of our great nation and now, as always, in preserving it. Our Constitution does not grant rights, it guarantees and protects them. Our government is founded on the principle that it serves the people, not rules over us. We would have remained subjects if not for fighting against infringement on our RKBA.

We need to continue this fight. It is a fight we dare not fail. The fight is for the hearts and minds of our fellow citizens and it is fought in the public forum - anywhere people are willing to listen and learn. Only then will we be able to elect the good leadership that we need to protect our rights.

3 Likes

With all the LGBTQ and other rights issues, maybe she identifies as a 50YO male, who knows but I am staying out of this one.

She is a responsible gun owner, and it probably was her idea. GOOD JOB.

1 Like