IBM’s Red Hat Commandments

According to a program alleged to be in practice at the company, “allyship” refers to an “active and consistent effort to use your privilege and power to support and advocate for people with less privilege.”

6 Likes

So don’t identify as a white person.

6 Likes

That could be a problem if you’ve got a face. Or did you mean - apply skin toner, aka blackface?
LOL

3 Likes

On a more serious note, DEI and EOE are not compatible, and people will sue

5 Likes

If one can identify their gender why not race¿

3 Likes

Because that would be racist. :wink:

4 Likes
6 Likes

:joy: Now that’s funny… :rofl:

4 Likes

Cognitive dissonance is a way of life for leftists :man_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

That is a good sign. I think. I don’t get politics.

Read about discrimination lawsuit against Cisco (caste system imported onto American shores and enforced by imported management).

2 Likes

This is open, blatant racism.
But, it is acceptable in this country today to discriminate against caucasians.
There are seperate rules for different classes of people, based on race, gender, made up “preferences” etc.

SOME protected groups can discriminate, segregate, exclude whoever they want, and that has been made ACCEPTABLE in the name of equity, equality, fairness, PCness etc…

Kids who are born today, I am very sorry for.

4 Likes

Don’t work there. With the passage of the 13th Amendment, slavery is outlawed, so there’s no reason for employees of IBM’s Red Hat to stay, unless they don’t believe they can find work elsewhere.

1 Like

For sure. But you have certain designations, like EOE, that you don’t just display for no reason, and that come with certain perks. Defrauding state and federal govt usually brings consequences.

2 Likes

IBM being accused of systemic racism as a result of DEI is golden.

2 Likes

I just tried to read the article. but wasn’t able to read it because It appears that in order to read it you have to subscribe to the web site. So I could not read the article.

1 Like

Robert has an absolutely accurate point here. If institutions are going to implement clearly idiotic standards, that have no basis is law, logic or common sense, use the same approach on them.

We’ve talked about this in other threads. Anthroploogists seem to agree that all of modern humanity originated in Africa. Therefore, we’re all black. Done, end of discussion. Let them prove you wrong.

1 Like

I was being sarcastic. I don’t think two wrongs make a right. It might open their eyes to what they are doing wrong.

I think the whole concept of “race” is wrong. Too much already encourages people to divide and mistreat others. Dividing the human species into so-called races based on totally superficial attributes like skin pigment, hair type, etc only makes that worse. Those superficial differences only developed over time because some of us lived in really hot sunny areas, and others in cold, dark areas, and they’re being erased as peolple travel and intermix. In the end, we all do share the same ancestry.

Recognizing ethnicity and culture is one thing, and makes sense because it influences how people think and act: what they DO. Race is just what they LOOK like. What people DO is all that matters.

So yeah, screw them and their stupid, racist requirement. If I had something like that imposed on me I’d push back to challenge them to prove I’m not black. As far as I know, there isn’t some accepted legal definition of being black or white.

2 Likes

I think to myself “If I was doing what they are doing, what would I want them to do?” I would want them to show me the error of my ways. Then we could live in peace.