IBM develops vaccine passport for NY

Dear IBM, I see you have completely recovered your public image from supplying tabulation machines for Nazi concentration camps.

1 Like

This whole thing is just turning into a tracking exercise by the government.

4 Likes

It could just be that I’m low on coffee, but I’m feeling pessimistic about COVID. My Debbie Downer side says COVID will never go away. There will always be another variant, another threat, another unknown. Many states and most cities will keep their business restrictions and mask mandates ad infinitum because they’ve learned how compliant we can be when we’re afraid.

Similarly, there will always be some unspecified threat that keeps Soldiers in DC. There will always be some reason why we can’t travel freely. There will always be some dire threat to humanity that’s used as an excuse to curb our 1st Amendment protections, eventually our 2nd and 4th Amendment protections, as well.

Ask me tomorrow and maybe I’ll feel differently. Certainly there is good news out there, but good news doesn’t sell ads.

4 Likes

Like there are new variants of the sniffles viruses every season? Sure.
Mind you, “Covid-the Death Plague” never arrived, and will never arrive. Even the Black Death in the XIV century lasted 2 years or so, and this is the pattern of every epidemic, Spanish Flu never returned in earnest after 2 years, Swine Flu never returned, etc. I knew someone who died from Swine Flu BTW.

There are people who want this. There are people who want us to start eating grass, stop heating and cooling our homes, and drop dead the day we retire so our 401k could go to the state and our Medicare funds to the people who deserve it more than us taxpayers.
Well, maybe these people will succeed. Or maybe their greed and stupidity will be their undoing, with Lord’s help.

2 Likes

There have been corona viruses every year since at leas the 1970s. They just figured out they could use one as political weapon in 2020. My sister told me her doctor had treated many patients of an unidentified virus since 2019. Every then known test came back negative. My brother-in-law was the sickest he’s ever been before the “pandemic”. My nephew was diagnosed with the virus in 2020 and all he suffered was temporarily lost of being able to taste food. A cold can do that to you.

2 Likes

Not surprising, the writing was on the wall for this shit. I’m waiting for it to arrive for airplanes, public transportation, and super markets.

1 Like

@Ouade5 , you’re not suffering from Debbie-Downerism, but rather common sense. We all see better than we hear, and what we’re witnessing is the cloud of totalitarianism descending upon us.

1 Like