I still need help in mn

i completed my USCCA INSTRUCTOR training. got my credentials, now i need to submit :

Curriculum/written description of requirements for instructors in your organization.

Written description of how your organization will maintain Instructor and student records

Written description of how your organization will maintain proficiency of instruction (including legal updates) and ensure instructional practices and integrity.

Copy of course of fire/qualification to be utilized by both instructors and students.

where do i get this stuff?

USCCA says I am god to go in Mn . But BCA wants all this info

2 Likes

There are a lot of USCCA instructors on this site who will respond to you. I’m not an instructor but looking to become one as soon as I can.

1 Like

Are you a buisness or going to be training instructors? I sent all of my stuff in before I certified with USCCA. I submitted all outlines and required info. Rejected because they don’t certify individual instructors. Hope this helps.

1 Like

I am attempting to do this as a business part time . I am so lost here . I want to teach and charge a fee . But I need to be sure that the state will acknowledge my training, or the students I teach

1 Like

@Derrick12 just a thought but you might get some help on the USCCA live chat, just go to the home page.

1 Like

It looks like the state wants a version of a business plan

a: Curriculum/written description of requirements for instructors in your organization. : This would be the USCCA’s instructor program (assuming all your instructors will qualify to this standards.)

b: Written description of how your organization will maintain Instructor and student records : You get to make this up yourself as to how you will accomplish it.

c: Written description of how your organization will maintain proficiency of instruction (including legal updates) and ensure instructional practices and integrity. : Again you get to make this up to satisfy the rules and intent.

d: Copy of course of fire/qualification to be utilized by both instructors and students. : The USCCA provides to you as what they allow you to teach and you can embellish as needed to satisfy requirements.

Part of charging people money for a service requires a business plan and a Tax ID number among other things. This is not a table top exercise.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

Derrick…typically I go online and google your local sheriff or PD that issues a concealed carry permit/license and then copy and past the information for those asking because they can’t goggle themselves…but frankly I’m tired and it’s late…so if you take the time and call the group that issues you the permit and ask them…chances are VERY good they’ll let you know what they need and details on how to obtain it. Asking people around the country who don’t likely live in your area and have the same rules and regulations does you no good.

1 Like

I’m looking to become an instructor in North Central NC. I know we have folks that do instruction here but it seems classes are not keeping up with demand. Or very possibly restrictions can be slowing them down. There are days I think I would do it for free just to get folks permitted

2 Likes

Call state department of public safety and check their website. Look for State Law that states qualifications for permit to carry instructors. State Attorney Generals Office can direct you to most State Departments you are looking for. I am an NRA instructor and Massachusetts approved and have been for many years.

2 Likes

The state of Mass approves individual instructors. Ask Where is that in the law for that state. check online.

1 Like

Derrick. I’d like to know if you ever resolved this issue? I found your post because I’m also in MN and thinking of doing the instructor course. But I found it interesting that there are no USCCA instructor courses offered in MN. This raised the red flag for me and has led me down the path of research to determine if the USCCA instructor course actually does me any good here in MN? I hope you see this and can update us on what you found out!!!

3 Likes

Glade to say it was all fixed with a phone call . I called the MN BCA . gave them my instructor number and then all the credentials and approved course material was now connected to me .

hope this helps

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @John1356 and you are in the right place at the right time.

It does. And thank you for your reply. If I follow through, I hope I don’t step on your toes.

Hi Johnnyq60. Thank you. I’m not sure what exactly you mean by that. But I appreciate the positive sentiment!

1 Like

Just wanted to welcome you brother. BTW you are correct I am always thinking positive. Maybe one day they will provide those courses in your area. Keep your head up brother and carry on.

1 Like