I have the equivalent of gold

Just got 4 boxes of gold. 160.00 for 200 rds… When is it going to end!!

11 Likes

124 gr is worth more. :wink:

2 Likes

Agreed but this is better than nothing for personal defense ammo. Lead, copper, and brass are the new precious metals.

6 Likes

Unfortunately @BubbaBear917 you are still a lot, I mean a lot, below the gold value :joy:

147g bullet = 9.53 grams
9.53 grams x 200 rounds = 1906 grams
if 1906 grams cost $160 then 1 gram of bullet costs $0,083

1 gram of gold (as of today) costs $62.77

:wink: ups… I’m sorry if this disappointed you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

On the other hand… congrats for using great ammo ! :ok_hand:

5 Likes

I took all my guns out of my safe and put them on shelves in the garage. I took all my ammo off my garage shelves and put them in my safe.

12 Likes

I mean as in how are it is to find ammo in stock anywhere sarcastically. I know that bullets will never be worth it’s weight in gold unfortunately. I wish though…

1 Like

Best idea ever. Gotta protect the valuables

2 Likes

We are just funnin’ with you, Bear.
Congrats on the find! Doesn’t happen often enough these days that they’re less than $1 rd.

Oh, and speaking of Precious Metals - have you looked into Primers? :scream:

3 Likes

I know, I know :wink:

I’ve never been a guy who counts the money (however I should if I want to be a millionaire :sweat_smile:). I just don’t care.
But you are right… mentally you got the pure Gold, Gold Dot :ok_hand:

3 Likes

No kidding! For a while now where I live there have been a lot of bare shelves devoid of nearly any pistol calibers. Or rifles for that matter. Congrats on a good find, at least if you had to pay that much, you got some of the good stuff for it. Just remind your self how, at the right moment in time, that Gold dot in your chamber may be worth far more than that gold coin in your pocket.

2 Likes

I tell people all the time, gold, silver, platinum and guns.
Those are the precious metals.
Their value only increases over time! :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

I wonder if they ever had this trouble back in the really old days, you know, like, there you are with your super grade custom Bow, and an empty quiver with nowhere to buy an arrow.

3 Likes

Will trade 700 rolls of toilet paper? You’re very lucky! Thankfully, did my shopping in February.

It’s what I call, mouth watering!

4 Likes

3 Likes

:flushed::pray::partying_face:. I’m a little jealous

1 Like

@Scott52 Ummmmm when were you in my garage?

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Did you do this on paper or did you use a calculator? Just curious

2 Likes

Every time I go to the range I replace the ammunition that I used. It is getting tougher to find the 556 ammo and also the .40 cal.

1 Like

And lead… do not forget the lead… and brass…

1 Like

:grinning:

1 Like