I Am So Bored That I Am

Not bored here. My work has doubled to tripled in the last 2 weeks. I always WFH anyway, so that has not changed. I am still out walking the dogs, mountain biking, and going to the range.

What I am not doing is going to matches, or being able to shop in the off hours like I much prefer to do. I now have to shop on the weekends… ewww… as everything is closing early.

4 Likes

Just like most of the guys and gals here, I too got bored watching all about Coronavirus. I tried watching old baseball videos but that didn’t cut it either. So I went back 13 years in my life and started up an old hobby I did for about 4 years till my regular job, flying airplanes, got in the way of my hobby.

Making wooden fishing lures. Back then I made and sold over 1100 lures mostly on eBay or by people calling in for orders. The local newspaper sports writer did an article on me after I took him fishing and he caught fish on my lures. Got about 450 orders from his article.
So I cranked up the lathe and started making them again. I call them my Coronavirus lure Collection.

3 Likes

Talking to my wife🤮

3 Likes

…reading about people who are so bored that they…

4 Likes

Fabricating steel targets and bullet traps. Am not actually bored, but working on some new ideas.

2 Likes

Working on my whisky collection, both reducing it and re-stocking it. :slight_smile: Got some really nice ones recently. Love single malt, single casks, the true “spirit” of aqua vitae, the water of life.

3 Likes

Local gun stores here have a one box limit. I got 2 boxes today because I bought an M&P 9 shield

2 Likes

@Lurchml Welcome to the community. Nice firearm. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve used the time at home, which has been a lot longer than the current ‘shelter in place’ recommendations because of back surgeries #18 and #19, to study new guns through publications, online reviews and recommendations.

Then I ordered various guns that I’ve been impressed with… Springfield Hellcat OSP with Romeo Zero 3 MOA, a Sig P-365 XL with Shield SMS micro 3 MOA, a Kimber K6S, a Ruger SP-101, and an AR pistol chambered in .45 ACP.

Next was studying online videos, then taking each one apart to clean and lube them. That’s been the best part, cleaning and working on guns has been my hobby and ‘quiet time’ for close to 50 years.

Over the years I’ve purchased many rescue guns from dealers that take them in on trade, or from individuals who claimed they were “well taken care of and in great condition”, only to disassemble them and find horror stories of neglect and abuse. It is always a great sense of pride to restore them to perfectly functioning guns that are clean, oiled, and stand ready to protect their owner… whether it’s been me with the ones I’ve added to my collection, or other owners that have them now.

The final step in all this down time will be heading to the range for about a week to put the first 100 rounds through each of the new additions I mentioned above. That will be the reward for all this time at home!!

3 Likes

Can’t say that I’m bored. Live in the country so sheltering in place is no punishment. I have 5 gallons of paint to put on, moulding to make, a garden to get ready and a lot of cases that need to be reloaded. I’ve got some trees that need to come down, several plumbing projects and a garage to clean. I figure if I’m stuck at home a couple of months I may get caught up. Then there’s fishing, camping, dog walking, shooting, wood working projects, books to read; I’m going to need more free time.

7 Likes

I am actually doing the yard work that I detest

2 Likes

Gosh darn, I forgot i have a leak in the mainline of sprinkler system. Have to dig up some of the yard to find it. You all above have reminded me of some projects I need to get done.

1 Like

Glad you were able to get what you needed! I’m starting to see some of the online ammo retailers get some back in stock, but definitely not a full selection. Hope you’re staying healthy and safe!

Wow a one box limit! Pretty wild. At least you were able to get two because of the firearm purchase. Nice firearm by the way! Here in Allegheny County in PA, most of not all stores are closed, but the sheriff’s office will begin issuing CWPs again starting soon by appointment only. At least they’re respecting our rights a little more (wasn’t without GOA taking action though).

I have now finished reading the entire Internet. I think for the next few weeks I will read all the Privacy Policy emails that I have received over the last 10 years. How exciting.

2 Likes

I actually started reading all of those EULA that we all scroll through in my Monster Truck rally voice.

2 Likes

Watching SJW fails against Ben Shapiro

1 Like

Slowly back away from the computer and go outside. I know that it is Alaska and the temp is -20, but it will be good for you.

3 Likes

I cleaned the top of the fridge…

3 Likes

reading about how bored others are!!

2 Likes