Hunter... Oh so Sad

It’s all about avoiding the big crimes.

3 Likes

7 Likes

4 Likes

This trial only happened because the judge found a horrible deal between the feds and 'Hunter’s defense team. Joe did put his thumb on the scale in a couple different ways. First was having the DOJ put Weissman as prosecutor. He was the one that initially allowed for other, tax charges to expire under statute of limitations. He did not want to charge Hunter.

The second was having his wife in the courtroom every day attempting jury nullification.

Yeah, he really does control the DOJ and weaponizes it. Sorry you can’t see that.

4 Likes

Found guilty on all counts…

2 Likes

Didn’t Biden just sign a law a year or two ago that increased the maximum penalty from 10 to 15 years in prison for this type of crime?

I would think if any case warrants the maximum sentence (or at least significant time behind bars) it is this one, given the clear evidence of drug use, dangerous handling while using drugs and dangerously allowing the gun to be thrown in a dumpster where criminals or kids could access it. Sincerely doubt he gets anywhere near that and wouldn’t be surprised if they only gave him probation.

It seems that Trump is implying he will pardon Hunter if Biden doesn’t. Is he going to pardon everyone who was charged under laws that might violate the 2A or just the drug using low lifes with political and big money connections? I don’t remember him pardoning many, if any, folks for questionable 2A sentences during his first term.

1 Like

maximum fine. probation. maybe house arrest.

I seriously doubt prison, and if there is prison, I expect Joe will reverse previous comments and pardon Hunter.

3 Likes

It will likely be a fight between him and his team on whether to pardon before the election or wait till after. Unless no one on Biden’s team reminds him that he still has a son and that his son was just found guilty of a crime. I’m not sure he is lucid enough these days to remember those kinds of things without someone reminding him:/

4 Likes

There is the possibility he may just be being facetious; a little dig in response to his own political persecution.

2 Likes

Dude, turn off “the view”.

11 Likes

lol! :joy:

5 Likes

3 charges. Two are a maximum of 10 years and one is a mx of 5.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Unlike the judge in Trumps trial, who has his whole body on one side of the Scales of Justice, the judge on Hunters trial seems to be conscientiously following the book. IF she is the one who sentences him, given the seriousness of the 3 charges of which he was convicted, which would put you and me away for 25 years, I would expect that, as a “first time offender”, he would possibly get a lesser sentence. But true justice would require some prison time- at least until daddy dear pardons him.( You don’t REALLY believe the liar-in-chief when he said he won’t pardon Hunter, do you?)

5 Likes

I think he knows something we don’t with regard to the upcoming sentencing, but we’ll see.
He has proven to be a pathological liar, so there’s that.

6 Likes

Perhaps the new 15 year max doesn’t apply because these acts were committed before that law was passed?

I’d be curious to see what the precedent is for actual sentencing in these cases. My understanding is that incredibly few people are ever tried for lying on these forms even though hundreds of thousands of people have been turned down for lying on the forms. Many if not most of them likely having already been convicted of felonies in the past.

Just like most of these laws, this was passed so that anti 2A/anti self defense politicians can show they are “doing something” about the “problem”. Their second goal being to make firearm ownership as burdensome, inconvenient and expensive as possible for law abiding citizens. There is usually little to no care about enforcing these laws to catch actual criminals.

4 Likes
Will Joe Pardon Hunter
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
1 Like

It’s kind of sad but you’re undoubtedly correct across the board. I still don’t understand the thought process that advocates disarming law abiding individuals who have no desire to use them but don’t seem to realize that criminals are not inclined to obey laws but are allowed to go free shortly after committing a crime without suffering any consequences. Seems to me, the only option for self defense against a criminal is to become one.

6 Likes

Any bets?
Hunter gets 2 - 5 years, suspended with a fine of $250,000 and community service. He will not see the inside of a prison.
It’s a “presidents son”, let me rephrase, …

9 Likes

And he will serve his community service by “donating” to a “charity” that he can write off on his taxes.

7 Likes