Https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4354453-hunter-biden-moves-to-dismiss-delaware-gun-charges/?utm_source=ground.news&utm_medium=referral

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4354453-hunter-biden-moves-to-dismiss-delaware-gun-charges/?utm_source=ground.news&utm_medium=referral

This is rich. Hunter Biden moves to strike the gun charges against him because: (1) the gun charges were pursued against him because of political pressure; and (2) the prohibition of gun possession by someone who uses illegal drugs is unconstitutional.

3 Likes

This is not a commentary on the this case in particular, but the motion to dismiss is one of the most common moves in the defense counsels arsenal.

These seem to be the three most common pre-trial motions.
Dimiss, supress, change of venue.
For a detailed explanation see the link.
U.S. Attorneys | Pre-Trial Motions | United States Department of Justice.

1 Like

I sometimes wonder if these lawyer actually listen to what is coming out of their mouths.
A friend, high profile attorney defended a guy here in SLC that had killed his wife with a hammer. He got him off. I asked him how he slept at night knowing the guy did it. His response? “It was not my responsibility to prove him innocent, it was my responsibility to give him the best defense possible”.

1 Like

Question, would you want him or someone with morals and ethics to defend you? Though one can still have morals and ethics and believe in our system of justice where the person has a presumption of innocence until proven guilty. The verdict is on the prosecutor’s neck, not the defense attorney - he did his job.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t even say that the person defending the guy with the hammer didn’t have morals or ethics.

Neither did I.

I’d take Him any day of the week. He was, now retires, one of the best around here, along with Spence…

1 Like

I wasn’t sure. The formulation quoted sounds like, “do you want this guy who gets the job done? Or someone with morals and ethics?”
It seemed like a juxtaposition. Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Between lying on Form 4473, and trafficking a person across state lines for prostitution, I say the latter charge, also federal, is much more serious. It hasn’t been charged yet, through it is a no brainer for the prosecutor, all evidence is there.

1 Like

Looks like Hunter is a pro 2A guy! Banning guns from drug users is a slippery slope, right?

1 Like