How will a war in Europe affect you?

If Trump were in office, this situation wouldn’t even happen.
And somehow no one pointed out that Fat Kim has fired 7 missiles just this month, including one that can reach Guam.

5 Likes

Impossible to know until during or after.

I’d expect even higher prices and even tighter supply.

2 Likes

It’s not going to be just Europe! Obviously my wardrobe will need updating!

My biggest fear is the orange one will make my wife’s a$$ look big!

6 Likes

Stylish for grocery shopping nowadays

2 Likes

If Russia invades Ukraine AND there is an armed response by the US it will be a matter of weeks before China will take Taiwan which we are obligated to respond to. At first blush we now have a war on two fronts. Obviously we can’t support that as both are waaaayyyyy over there. Now here’s the real triple threat.

Since JB shut down the Keystone and other pipelines we are now getting our oil from guess who? Russia for the win!

Who provides 30% of our GDP and provides us 1/2 to 3/4 of our component parts or finished products? China for the win!

Who is the one country that sits astride the Persian Gulf which is where we would have to get our oil from given the above? Iran for the win!

In a matter of weeks there will be no new car production. No electronic or durable goods production. No new phones or computers or the parts to fix them or cars.

Putin will take Ukraine at his leisure because he wants Black Sea access. Then China will consolidate all shipping to the US to a couple ports and then cry supply chain woes when no products go to the US. Then they will invade Taiwan. Just about the same time we on bended knee make a deal with the Saudi’s.

Russia and China don’t have to lift a finger to fight the US. Iran just needs to block the straights of Hormuz with a couple super tankers on the bottom (fear will stop the ships more than physical blockage) and its over.

Throw in an EMP or two from little Kim just for good measure, they just have to be close.

Cheers,

Craig6

8 Likes

If Russia or the PRC want to cause mischief, do you think it will happen after the Olympics and before the mid-term elections (and the neutering of the Brandon congress?)
I could imagine that being attractive to Putin and Xi.

2 Likes

How will it effect me? I have 4 boys in the age group that could/would be drafted. I’d be proud as punch to see them go fight while I continuously crap my pants everyday they are gone…

4 Likes

I have to say I find inspiration in the Ukraine Resistance—civilians of all ages training in combat skills and weapons.

2 Likes

It is not my intent to debate whether we should get involved or not. I’m merely suggesting, for the sake of this topic, that we will get dragged into the conflict one way or another. History repeats itself, especially the stupid parts of history.

1 Like

Something tells me, there will be no resistance at all. Hope we wont get to see who is right.

For the purpose of this thread, I’m all for discussing what we can expect in the way of economic and social fallout from such a war, both pros and cons, and how to deal with them rather than the politics.

1 Like

Putin is not invading Europe, he is an authoritarian, a dictator, but not Hitler. If we dont believe that the Ukraine is somehow an area of vital US interest, we wont get dragged into the conflict.

But do you think that this is possible. The draft has been dead for a long time, and we don’t fight (much) with bodies anymore.

1 Like

Maybe it’s PTSD from when I got my lottery number way back when.

1 Like

I’m not discounting your comment. I’m just curious of the current state. I’m way too old for a draft…and I suck at following (any) orders.

1 Like

I agree, the United States probably won’t over extend it resources, for this one any ways. Plus there are, including 2 of my kids, people that are willing to volunteer.

How could politicians benefit from a draft?

1 Like

If the United States is invested in other areas of the world, I can also see North Korea claiming back South Korea with Chinese backing and approval. If you think that the possibility of a third world war is so farfetched than you’re in for an eye opening.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but that’s just wishful thinking. There are plenty of wars that the United States has been pulled into that didn’t involve a clear, vital U.S. interest.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope you are correct, and we avoid a war. But if I planned my life around what I hope would happen, I wouldn’t carry or keep flashlights.

4 Likes

Goooood Morning UuuKRAINE!
Can’t say I’m at all surprised at the current state of affairs. This was planned and commissioned when HIS son lost the job. What we should be ready for are the Chinese, the Olympics and what it all means for the future! What will we do with a nationwide DDoS?

Russia and China were waiting for him to swear his oath of betrayal.
Is this why the liberals resisted Trump? Talk about long term goals!
China will have a few thousand willing hostages and Russia will stop the flow of oil and gas. ( Gotta love it when a plan comes together ). What are our “representatives” going to do, sanction them? Are either of them shaking in their boots, NO. WE ARE!

Our own FBI warned us, at little late, but I would be prepared for hostage situations and crimes against (some) innocent athletes. Remember some of those athletes don’t represent the U.S.A. as well as some congressmen and senators that don’t represent us at home.

How this benefits the traitor and his family, I have no idea. What I do no for certain is Russia and China don’t have foolish leadership and they have very serious military minds, unlike ours, who felt the need to diminish our superior strength.
Let’s not forget the silent ace in the hole, you guessed it, North Korea. What, you don’t think they want a piece of this pie? And what about the Middle East? I’m no general, but I think we are surrounded and have been completely infiltrated! I’m no chess master either but I do know when it’s time to “castle”.

If you take a step back and look from above and you watch a country being betrayed and destroyed from within, with a total lack of bravery or courage, you would not pass up the chance to take the golden ring.

We’ve been the enemy of many countries for centuries, if you had the chance to destroy your enemies wouldn’t you do it when they are down?

When I served this great and powerful nation, and I thought we were about to go down, I knew we would go out in a blaze of glory. Today, we are, not exactly we, the new generation is going down on their knees! I pity them. They don’t have the will to stand for a nation that gave them the very freedoms to tear it down. The pawns have been well played! Kudos to the big tech giants and the media, I hope it was worth it!

The effect on me, at least I get to see the betrayers go down first, before they take me! That’s what the 2016 RESISTANCE forgot!
“This will not be over quickly, you will not enjoy this…”

2 Likes