How to Close a Gun Range

Ive seen several people make that point over this. The bill doesnt even touch paintball/milsim/airsoft, which in the end is some of the best FoF training your gonna get as a civi.

1 Like

Exactly my point.

1 Like

There was no prohibition against posse comitatus like their is now, so militia could perform police type activities, but they were not the police. States / cities employed sheriffs and constables, and volunteers (posse) could be called up when needed.

When the 2nd Amendment was ratified in 1791, there was no federal control over militias, so “well regulated” could not have referred to control. Not on the federal level, anyway. Militias were completely controlled by their respective states.

The militia act would not pass into law until the following year, 1792. That gave the president the temporary authority to call up the militias in the event of imminent danger. This was in direct response to the United States Army being decimated by Indian nations in Ohio. The federal government wouldn’t really get involved in the regulation of militias until the organization of the National Guard in 1903.

All this to say: the timeline doesn’t work if the purpose of the 2nd Amendment was to provide control of the militias.

Note: it wouldn’t be until 1808 that the federal government had any role in supplying militias, either.

In MacDonald v Chicago, the US Supreme Court decision that struck down Chicago’s handgun ban, Justice Thomas described the KKK, and other white terror groups operating during Reconstruction as militias. He argued that the right to keep and bear arms was denied to blacks by state and local governments and operated to allow such militias to terrorize blacks. Here’s what he said, BTW sans footnotes 

"Organized terrorism like that perpetuated by Tillman and his cohorts proliferated in the absence of federal enforcement of constitutional rights. MILITIAs such as the Ku Klux Klan, the Knights of the White Camellia, the White Brotherhood, the Pale Faces, and the ’76 Association spread terror among blacks and white Republicans by breaking up Republican meetings, threatening political leaders, and whipping black militiamen. These groups raped, murdered, lynched, and robbed as a means of intimidating, and instilling pervasive fear in, those whom they despised. 

In my view, the record makes plain that the Framers of the Privileges or Immunities Clause and the ratifying-era public understood—just as the Framers of the Second Amendment did—that the right to keep and bear arms was essential to the preservation of liberty. The record makes equally plain that they deemed this right necessary to include in the minimum baseline of federal rights that the Privileges or Immunities Clause established in the wake of the War over slavery."

I recommend that you read Justice Thomas’ concurring opinion in McDonald v. Chicago regarding what is considered a militia and state control of such entities

“MILITIA s such as the Ku Klux Klan, the Knights of the White Camellia, the White Brotherhood, the Pale Faces, and the ’76 Association spread terror among blacks and white Republicans by breaking up Republican meetings, threatening political leaders, and whipping black militiamen. These groups raped, murdered, lynched, and robbed as a means of intimidating, and instilling pervasive fear in, those whom they despised. 
”

I seriously doubt he would claim that the 20th century version is a militia, just as the Democratic party of the 1800s was pro-slavery, it is claimed not to be today.

I am pretty sure the laws and our constitution are design to help and protect us as a nation/country. What good or help are they if we can’t use them for that?

“I’m in where do I sign up Scott?” Oh sh–! I already did that ! (please delete :joy:

2 Likes

It’s weird, the oath doesn’t go away, even if we are disarmed!
Pitchforks and torches. Much more gruesome, but I’m game!

2 Likes

Whatever it takes Brother to get the job done right ! In War there are No rules ! (Check that: The "Do the right thing , don’t do stuff that makes the Angel’s wince , would you do that to your (place best friend’s name here) "“The OATH is non-refundable and expiration proof”

a pitch fork works just as well as a bayonet, maybe better (3) to a skewer !

1 Like

It no longer counts in this country how many votes are cast, what it really depends upon is who counts the votes, just like any other banana republic. The election recently held in Myanmar the president got a very high vote count. Of course he was the only one on the ballot, so that does have kind of influence the count. In CA, there may be more than one name on the ballot but they are both from the same party. What difference does your vote make in that circumstance?

1 Like

Lots of people – perhaps the majority of those eligible – do not vote at all, so that leaves us with the “brain trust” of elected officials (who also appoint an army of bureaucrats and judges) selected by the majority of people who do vote. Don’t like those who are elected? Then, you can: (1) organize like minded people to vote; (2) move away; or (3) do nothing and wait for someone, someday to magically emerge and do something.

1 Like

All unfortunately true.

They’ll vote after they die.

7 Likes

You also presume the only reason nut cakes get elected is the majority don’t vote. Supposedly almost 100% of registered voters, in some districts over 100%, voted in 2020. We ended-up with Biden, making the rest of your post garbage. We should leave country because we don’t like Biden? In the South, they have an expression for that.

3 Likes

It’s easier to think we got into this mess because people don’t vote. It’s scarier to think we got into this mess because people do vote.

5 Likes

Ouade5:
They’ll vote after they die’.

TWICE! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

The world of magical thinking 
 I can do nothing to fix this broken corrupt system, and everyone is against me, so if I do nothing except sit on the sidelines, then maybe someday, somewhere, someone will magically appear to do something to fix everything. Like the princess who kisses a frog and it turns into Prince Charming.

Not the world I live in
 but, well, not a good try. Quite a pathetic attempt really, but you are trying your best. Glad our trolls have all been like you, like the person currently titled POTUS. Have you fallen
 uh, you know the thing.