How stupid was was this?

How many thugs saw the ad and said “free guns”. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

So, basically a private sale?

It kind of seems to me like people do that all the time. Meet in a public place, middle of the day, isn’t this fairly common?

3 Likes

Not with firearms. People have been killed over phones and shoes.

3 Likes

Quite a few people I know, IRL and e-know, have bought and sold quite a few things private sale. Phones, shoes, guns, ammo, powder, primers, etc.

Without knowing many more details, I’m not about to call someone stupid because they tried to sell something they own to another person.

5 Likes

He’s dead. Shot in the head, bled all over his daughter. Advertised guns to thugs. In this day and times. Stupid.

4 Likes
1 Like

Maybe you should have sent him the vid. :thinking:

The video doesn’t say it’s stupid to sell to another person. In fact, it includes some recommendations for what to do when doing just that. It’s a thing people do. Lots of them. Often.

3 Likes

Think it is more than a little bit risky advertising in an open forum that you have valuables for sale and are willing to meet complete strangers in uncontrolled environments to exchange them. Especially firearms. I wouldn’t do it and certainly wouldn’t bring my young child along if I did.

I have done a couple of person to person legal private sales with people I knew, friends of friends and people I met at the range. Otherwise I just sell on consignment and let the store take all the risk for a small portion of the reward.

5 Likes

Did you notice this paragraph?

Hamrick had lost his leg when a gun he was cleaning went off over a year ago. Since then, he made money by buying and selling items online.

4 Likes

I didn’t see that line, no. Two interesting twists. The ND, and the possible buying selling for a living and no ffl mentioned wonder how many were firearms bought sold

3 Likes

My Private sales – meet at FFL for transfer. Bring your LTC please.

2 Likes

I’m not real keen on selling any of mine but if I did, I think I’d chose the consignment method. Go to a LGS, put it under their glass and when it finally sold go wrap the paper work, if there is any, and go home.

2 Likes

If selling items online to meet a stranger somewhere would anyone here bring their child? Would you bring an adult that carried? Yeah stupid is as stupid does.

1 Like

I can solve this for all listening (so to speak)…

Never sell your firearms.

3 Likes

Its a great theory. If I could afford to have my guns and buy new too, I would.

I’m not rich enough to just buy whatever gun I want. The only way I really learn if a gun is right for me is to own it and live with it. Sometimes it’s not. I see no reason to keep it at that point, rather sell and help pay for the next one.

Things progress too, like with AR types, I don’t any longer care to have a bunch of 16" barrels with carbine gas and big wide heavy quad rails. I sold those, when the market was right, and now I have pinned and welded 14.5" mid lengths with slim light mlok.

Or S&W, no reason I need to keep my shields when getting shield pluses. Would be nice to have them all, but it gets expensive, I had to sell my shields to buy the pair of plus.

Works for me

6 Likes

Point taken. I’ve only ever sold 3 guns and regretted 2 of those sales.

I would amend only sell to a reputable dealer. Did that work?

Personally, I’d never engage in a private sell to “someone” willing to buy. Maybe to a family member or close friend, but definitely not to just random stranger that wants to buy.

3 Likes

This is where I’m glad that, in most states anyway, it’s still legal to sell without getting federal permission first. It’s good to have options from which we can each choose our preference. I’ve sold as many guns as I currently own, most via private sale

3 Likes