How old is your carry firearm?

And I with my VP.

1 Like

@Zee @Dawn @Tony4 - I canā€™t deny that I have a serious case of Glockoma! I carry a G19, just bought a G17, and want a G34 and G20. Itā€™s terrible lol!

2 Likes

@Nathan looks perfect to me :wink:

Iā€™m looking at the new G45. Maybe ā€¦

2 Likes

My P365 is only a few months of because they just released the coyote NRA edition a few months ago and I couldnā€™t resist it. I prefer my guns black but man that thing just called to me.

Regardless of the new P365, I do not plan to change platforms for my EDC in the foreseeable future. My wife and I have owned and shot the 365 since they were released. We own a couple of them, several holsters and a ton of mags. No need to change with the system in place. We have a his and hers set with complete interchangeability.

1 Like

My P365 was born October 2018, I was born October 1982. :libra:

2 Likes

Years ago it was a Beretta 92 FS (since it was essentially the civilian version of the M9) but I found that as I got older a full size, all metal gun gets pretty heavy and darn uncomfortable when living the CC lifestyle. So I bought an XDM in .45 which was much lighter but rather obvious if one was looking (great gun by the way). Then Sandy Hook went down and HR amended company policy to ā€˜no guns in the work placeā€™. Now I carry a G43 with extended magazines for uhā€¦discretion.

2 Likes

Bought my Ruger SR9c five months ago.

1 Like

@MikeBKY - I recently bought a Gen5 G17, and finally put about 400 rounds through it. It shoots just as great as my G19, but the grip has more to grab onto. Since I already have the 17 and 19, I may skip the 45 for now, but I have no doubt it will be every bit as good as any other 9mm Glock. I have my eyes on a G34 next, then maybe even a 17L if I find one for a decent price.

2 Likes

BTW, when you get that I want picturesā€¦ I know youā€™re a big guy and Iā€™m trying to picture how that looks when youā€™re shooting it.
In my head, it looks something like Will Smith and The Cricket in Men In Blackā€¦ :joy:

4 Likes

After my SO switched from 9mm to .40, we started carrying G22s. A few years later we switched to the G35. at first, I hated it but was required to carry it. This is an exaggeration but it felt like pulling a rifle out of the holster. When I changes departments, I went back to carrying the G22. After some time at the range with both, I ended up back with the G35 because it was much better at distances beyond 10 yards.

4 Likes

Why would I change my carry gun?

1. Hell froze
  2. It was stolen.
  3. It was sawed in half or otherwise became unable to ever work again
  4. My wife wanted it and said she thought I should buy a new Colt to replace it
5 Likes

The last time I changed was when I traded in my Colt Detective Special for the then newly released S&W Stainless Centennial .
An incident at a large shopping mall during Christmas where a want to be gang member got ā€œinitiatedā€ by murdering a young couple on their way back to their car. The incident happened so fast there was no way the poor people could have put up any kind of defense. The couple was chosen by the gang want to be at random.
The concealed hammer of the Centennial, which could be fired through a coat pocket without fouling seemed like a very good idea. I lost one shot by switching from the Detective Special to the J frame but in these kinds of shootings, a fellow is more likely to run out of time before running out of ammunition.

3 Likes

Which one?

My first one, a P95PR?

The others I choose based on the occasion and my outfit.

Taurus 85 snub nose
Taurus G2C
NAA Mini Revolver
G34
TP9SFX

3 Likes

Past couple of weekends Iā€™ve not been feeling comfortable. So I put Glock 30 in safe and am using Glock 41 for EDC. Been doing a lot of from the draw training to get comfortable.

If itā€™s not cancelled and world hasnā€™t ended plan to take low light shooting class next week.

When I say not feeling very comfortable here, I am talking about society. This was all a part of upgrading home security.

5 Likes

Changing up my EDC would be as someone else mentioned. XDm 3.8 would have to start acting up in a strange way. Which would be rare as I am ODC about keeping it clean!!!

1 Like

I carry my Sig p938

3 Likes

Become one with a firearm, or your favorite impact gun or any tool. My sig p226sao now has at least 10000 rounds. Years ago when I played pro ball, a very famous coach told me to become one with a mit and a ball. 24 hours a day son.

1 Like

No one can have too many of any brand, etc. They are all fun to shoot, and all go bang. We have some glocks, they are all good. To me, itā€™s what fits my hand and sight acquisition. Stay safe and shoot often!

2 Likes

Why would I change my carry gun?
Any number of reasons. I still alternate between 5 different pistols for various reasons. From a Guardian .380, to my 1911 A1 .

1 Like