How much recoil is too much?

Talk about recoil! Ouch! RECOIL JUNKIE? TRY THE .500 BUSHWACKER! - The Classic Woodsman

3 Likes

Recoil? What is it? :grinning:
I know sometimes people are crazy bout recoil… but isn’t it a reason why we train proper stance and grip to minimize recoil and control it? :wink:
We shoot what we can handle… if we choose properly, recoil is not an issue at all.
Unless we really want to know how .950 JDJ feels. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The shot timer + target will tell you, objectively. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When it hurts… It’s too much.

5 Likes

5 shots in three seconds at 20 feet in the X. If you cannot perform this then move down on the size you are shooting.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Narsai

2 Likes

some shooters may step down to BB with those requirements… :rofl: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

@Narsai , welcome to the Community :handshake:

My 2 cents… it may not hurt right away… sometimes it start hurting few hrs after shooting. :wink:

2 Likes

I’d say that depends on how big “the X” is. For defensive/practical shooting, the physical letter X is generally far too small a target.

But for comparison, a well known drill/test, called The Test, is 10 rounds in 10 seconds in a 5.5" circle at 30 feet. The standard is all 10 rounds within the black of the 5.5" circle within 10 seconds. And should be doable several seconds quicker, and/or from concealment vs low ready, by regular shooters

1 Like

this is a proper X. Usually it’s approximately 2" circle

Such X should be used for drill mentioned by @Todd30

Make a fist and you have the approximate size of your heart.
If your heart is 2 inches by two inches, then I am sorry!
Mine is 5x5 inches and most other adult humans are too.

2 Likes

I don’t know if I have a heart at all … :joy: I don’t see reason to have it… some extra organ than creates problems only…
Anyway… it is not about how big your heart is in shape, but how big-hearted we are… :wink:

We all know you have a big heart! With all of your correspondence and assistance on so many subjects it is a tell that you are a caring big-hearted person. :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Or he has an administrative assistant that does all the work. :wink::grinning:
Work smarter, not harder.

2 Likes

@Todd30 … I just felt too much recoil after reading your post… :face_holding_back_tears:
But… thank you !

2024-02-20 18-17-39

2 Likes

To me, if I cringe as I pull the trigger, that’s anticipating too much recoil.

1 Like

While I’m glad he’s driving content and discussion you guys do realize he’s only doing it to drive traffic out of here and into his website correct?

In other words he’s SPAMMING the crap out of us…

4 Likes

Nice Catch, now I’m glad I didn’t go over there…

3 Likes

There was a link? :thinking: oh… was… :wink:
Yeah… It’s his tenth threat with link to the same portal… but somehow I never clicked any of them… but other than that… he created extra 10 discussions for us . :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

How about yourself, @Eric384 ?

For concealed carry, where do you fall on determining recoil as a factor? Feel, shot timer, a specific drill or standard, how do you decide?