How many versions of your gun...?

There are now 5 generations of Glock and infinite versions of different Sigs. In fact, Sig is coming out with a new version of the wildly popular 365:

https://www.osagecountyguns.com/blog/news/sig-sauer/new-sig-sauer-p365-xl/

How many versions of your favorite carry gun are there? And do you have multiple versions of it?

1 Like

Well I have two models of the S&W Shield 9mm. I have the Shield 9mm gen 1, and the PC Shield 9mm gen 1.

2 Likes

The P226 and P229 have changed since my early 90s versions. Please send lots of cash my way and I’ll report back on what it’s like to own multiple versions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have two of the same version (gen 3) glock g21 but that’s because one is going to become a carbine. Otherwise I don’t have duplicates of any models. Going to add a couple, though because “2 is 1 and 1 is none.”

1 Like

LOL! If I could, I would, @Shepherd! Maybe if I win the lottery. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t have any duplicates, the only time I’d consider it is to buy one chambered in a different caliber.

But 9mm is my limit, anything larger takes me longer to get back on target and recoil management becomes an issue. When people ask me which caliber they should buy, I always tell them to go to the range and rent a few guns in the size they’re going to carry in different calibers and makes. See which one is most comfortable and which one they can manage recoil better with.

I can manage a full size .45, but in the size I prefer to carry forget about it!

4 Likes

No duplicates here, I’m a connoisseur of firearms. I like a lot of different ones. I do carry Glocks, they’re like the old Kodak cameras, just point and shoot. I do wish they’d import some more of the German Sigs, I miss those.

3 Likes

I’m winning the Megamillions tonight, so I’ll send you some Sig bucks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My 226 is a W. German model and I can’t tell you how much I enjoy shooting it. I’m sure I’d love the new Sigs but there is something about the old ones that just feel right.

3 Likes

No exact duplicates for me. Different barrel lengths and such, are fair game. There are currently 2 generations of my carry gun. Interestingly enough, although 2 of the models share the same name, they are not the same. The 1.0 M&P 45c is an 8 round standard capacity, while the 2.0 45c is a 10 round. Advantage 1.0, as it is easier to conceal, but will accept the 10 round mags for a full size backup.

3 Likes

I love my W German 226. The proof marks really give it character. Do you have a copy of the proof mark chart? If I can find mine I’ll post them up for you.

2 Likes

I have one version of 1,000 Glock 19’s made for the Navy Seal Foundation.

2 Likes

20190604_174409 20190604_174440 20190604_174530

3 Likes

Thanks for that! I have a blog bookmarked but I am glad to have yours to download in case the guy ever deletes his blog.

2 Likes

Niiiice! Did you have to be a seal to get one?

Nope, local shop had two,cand I got one. 25% of proceeds went to the NSF.

2 Likes

I have multiple versions of the 92FS/M9.

2 Likes

Only one version of the Ruger SR9c that I know of.

1 Like

I carry a beretta PX4 compact 9mm . Also have a Beretta PX4 full size in .45

1 Like

Glock .45 in two sizes (and soon a carbine as well). The hubby has the Glock .40 cal in 3 sizes and if he loves the carbine conversion for the .45, we’ll get it in .40 too.